cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cancel the account and keep the number

yhb4531
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I just dropped my phone on asphalt, and it's dead now.

I would have to get a new one, but because i can't afford hundreds dollars up front, I would have to change my mobile company to somewhere else with tab 😞

But the thing is, it's autopay every 3months, and It's been only 1month from my last payment.

so still about 2months left.

Is it possible to get just some of the refund for the plan ?

+ and I'd want to keep my number with different mobile company.

If i'm not able to cancel the plan, my number would still be bound to public mobile until it ends. Is there any way to keep my number?

Thanks !

6 REPLIES 6

@yhb4531 Other thoughts,

- if you don't need a "flagship" phone, try https://www.zoomerwireless.ca

- used phones https://www.getorchard.com?afmc=2zl; three people I know were happy with them.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@yhb4531 If you are still hunting call/visit PC Mobile. Last weekend they had unadvertised specials on Koodo phones; was worth it even if you just took cheapest service for 3 months and then cancelled. Plus, they are getting out of the post-paid business altogether.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@yhb4531, what plan do you have.  Maybe if you are lucky, Public Mobile might offer you a migration plan to Koodo before your two months of paid service expires. 

@matbasm wrote:

@yhb4531, Since Public Mobile is a prepaid service, there is no way to get a refund for your situation.  That said, if you want to keep your number, your account must be active for when the time comes to transfer to another provider.  In the meantime, if you think you might not transfer out before your current 90 cycle ends, then I recommend you set a plan change to the $10 50min/50 text plan to activate on your next renewal.  That way you would only pay $10 / 30 days to hold onto the number.  If it's on auto pay, then it's only $8.

This may be a good idea to stay on this service at minimal cost.  However, when switching out of an existing plan that may no loger be offered means never being able to get the plan back.  Gotta look at the bigger picture. 

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@yhb4531, Since Public Mobile is a prepaid service, there is no way to get a refund for your situation.  That said, if you want to keep your number, your account must be active for when the time comes to transfer to another provider.  In the meantime, if you think you might not transfer out before your current 90 cycle ends, then I recommend you set a plan change to the $10 50min/50 text plan to activate on your next renewal.  That way you would only pay $10 / 30 days to hold onto the number.  If it's on auto pay, then it's only $8.

Korade
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm not entirely sure, so I'll let others chime in, but I believe that the payments are non-refundable.

However, if you do decide to go with another provider and get a tab, you can pop in your PM SIM card and continue to use the service. If you had data, you can use that up before using your new plan's data. Same thing for minutes/texting. Of course, you'll be paying for the new plan too, but you may be able to put it on seasonal hold for the next two months to save some $.

You will keep your number doing this, because your PM service will be ongoing. At the end of the 2 months, when your 90 days are over, you can port your number from PM to your new plan. This will automatically cancel your PM account and transfer your number to the new provider/account. Do not close your PM account before doing this port, because you will lose your number that way. It will be closed automatically after the port.

Need Help? Let's chat.