cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cancel my service? Need Assistance mods!

hyu1337
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just switched over to koodo with the ongoing deal and then my public mobile self serve account stopped working as soon as I ported my number. I was auto logged out and had an error when trying to log back in, also requesting a new password doesn't work. Has my service automatically been cancelled? if not can someone cancel it for me?

9 REPLIES 9

@Owenmacneill wrote:

I started with PM a few days ago however my Bell account is still active. Can you please port in my number from bell so my account will close. Account number is xxxxxxxxxx

phone number is xxx-xxx-xxxx

thanks 

As mentioned please remove any personal information.

If you haven't attempted to port yet you can do it through your self serve account unless it is from Koodo prepaid. Mod assistance is required in this case.

@Owenmacneill wrote:

I started with PM a few days ago however my Bell account is still active. Can you please port in my number from bell so my account will close. Account number is

phone number is

You shouldn't post that information here (phone number and account number), so please edit your posted message.  With that information, someone could literally steal your phone number, if not for any other reason than to play a practical joke, or for someone who doesn't get along with you to possibly do something out of spite.

To fix a botched phone number transfer, you should be contacting Moderator_Team privately.

Owenmacneill
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I started with PM a few days ago however my Bell account is still active. Can you please port in my number from bell so my account will close. Account number is *********

phone number is *********

thanks 

@jds2

If you cancel autopay, your accountn will be dormant at next renewal date and after 3 months, the number will be terminated.  You will not be able to get any money back for cancelling early. However, if you still want to cancel early, you can contact moderator directly.  Expect more than one day wait.  

Here is instructions to contact moderator:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-How-to-Contact-our-Community-M...

Or just send a private message through the following link :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Community Moderators are available from Monday to Friday 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT) and Saturday, and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7:30pm (EDT)

jds2

Thanks for advice but I never left my old carrier, Koodo.  It seemed too complicated to switch and so I was paying for both services for awhile but now I want to cancel.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jds2 wrote:

I would like to cancel my plan while keeping my number.  I have already removed myself from autopac.

@jds2 sure, just pick your new provider and open up an account there, and port your phone number in from Public Mobile.  Since you have removed yourself from AutoPay, make sure you do this before your current 30 or 90 day cycle ends at Public Mobile--your account has to be active (not suspended or expired) in order to port your number out.  [This applies to all Canadian providers, FYI.]

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

jds2

I would like to cancel my plan while keeping my number.  I have already removed myself from autopac.

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You should monitor your cc just in case they charge it by accident.

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@hyu1337, Once your number is ported out, your account is automatically closed.  There is nothing to cancel.  The only thing that you should have done would be to remove your credit card number from your file (if you had one).  This is only for general CC security, as you account information is not completely removed from PM's servers.  Public Mobile will not be charging you any more.  If you had a credit card on file, and would like it to be removed, you can send a private message to the moderator team, and they can remove it for you.

Click here to send them a private message.
Information regarding the moderators team can be found by following this link.

Need Help? Let's chat.