cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to I change the password for the phone self service...

Reaford
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I dial *611 and I try to do stuff it asked for a password... I have no idea what this is

How do I reset it?????

8 REPLIES 8

@gpixel wrote:

@Anonymous do they also have the option of no password on the initial process?

You must set a voicemail password. This password is needed if checking your messages from a different phone.  I'm going to try not to get too far into the following, but the voicemail security is insufficient and anyone can very easily listen to your messages (or any other Public Mobile customer's vocie messages). @Catherine_T , Any update on this security flaw?

@Anonymous wrote:

@gpixel wrote:

@Reaford the password should be the same as your voicemail

So this again. I looked into this and the password is set by the customer when initially setting up voicemail. You come in on the first time and it will make you set a password.

It _could_ be the same between 611 and voicemail but only if that's what the customer did for both.

I can confirm that the voicemail password is not the same as the account's PIN, not unless the customer sets it that way. They are sepearate codes that are asked for, the account PIN being asked for during an online activation of service, while the voicemail password is something that is set by the customer the first time calling it. While customers may think that the voicemail isn't asking for the account PIN, it isn't.  The voicemail password can be set differently from the account PIN. The voicemail set up is asking you to choose a password.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gpixel wrote:

I should probably step away as I'm a little feisty with some back and forth with eBay right now. Check out my rant in the lounge if you're interested.

I don't remember it's been so long. I was just going by the guide. There's an option to not have to enter a password if you're accessing from the handset. That's changeable afterwards.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gpixel wrote:

So this again. I looked into this and the password is set by the customer when initially setting up voicemail. You come in on the first time and it will make you set a password.

It _could_ be the same between 611 and voicemail but only if that's what the customer did for both.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Moderator assistance is required to change self serve username or PIN. To obtain a ticket, click on https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ and enter your question in SIMon. Follow / invent the prompts until you reach the Contact Us button, click on it and a Submit Ticket button should appear. To confirm that your ticket has been submitted, check the SEND box in your private messages; click on the small envelope next to your avatar at the top right of your screen.

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the moderators, but this alternative contact method may have a longer response time. Click: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437Click it then login

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Reaford wrote:

When I dial *611 and I try to do stuff it asked for a password... I have no idea what this is

How do I reset it?????

If this is the phone that you activated on then you might find your PIN from "611". It could also be on your SIM messages.

You created the PIN at activation if you activated yourself online.

Otherwise you'll need to ask the moderators to set it for you. I'm not sure any of them are working anymore 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.