cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How often does Public Mobile release new mobile numbers

saiii
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Wanting to change mobile number badly, and looking for number starts with 647 or 416 if possible.

apparantly I have only seen 437 for Toronto at this moment.

does anyone know how often do they release new numbers ?

any chances getting this old but gold area code numbers??

thank u in advanced Smiley LOL

33 REPLIES 33

I usually do take a tux but not this time. We have done so many of these now we usually get invited to the "most travelled passengers" event (closest thing to dinner with the captain) which is the 40 people onboard the ship with the most days cruising with Princess. We were in the range of about 1 year on-board (total days cruised) when we started getting invites to this event.

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector wrote:

B3B35EDD-2787-4D4A-90AA-45B0F2B6FB2B.jpeg

1. @ Sweet! Say hi to Gopher for me. Iassic makes a mean planters punch. Make sure you bring a tux in case Capt. Stubbing invites you and the wife to dinner at the captain's table. Shhhhh! Don't tell anyone but Lauren and the Doc are having an affair.

@AE_Collector wrote:

Rain should end tomorrow. If for no other reason than we are heading to California for 10 days to get away from it.

AE_Collector

Feeling a little envious right now.....have fun!

Rain should end tomorrow. If for no other reason than we are heading to California for 10 days to get away from it.

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

...again all 236 exchange.

236 = Area Code or NPA Numbering Plan Area (not exchange)
The exchange is the next 3 digits after the Area Code. Used to be NPA NNX-xxxx where X could be any digit and N were specific numbers only, in that case the N could only be 2-9 but that changed years ago as numbers began to run out.

AE_Collector (37 1/2 years with B.C. Tel and TELUS)

@AE_Collector  Yes no kidding...dont know what my brain was thinking yesterday! Thanks for the correction. I'm going to blame it on the rain, all the bloody rain...never ending rain.

@darlicious wrote:

...again all 236 exchange.

236 = Area Code or NPA Numbering Plan Area (not exchange)
The exchange is the next 3 digits after the Area Code. Used to be NPA NNX-xxxx where X could be any digit and N were specific numbers only, in that case the N could only be 2-9 but that changed years ago as numbers began to run out.

AE_Collector (37 1/2 years with B.C. Tel and TELUS)

Poogzley
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

One of my friends really wanted a 514 area code instead of the comonly given out 438 numbers for Montreal. They where not avalible to be selected from the self-serve protal but he was able to get one just the same by contacting a PM moderator. This was a few years a ago so your milage may vary. 

Alternatively you could try to get a phone number you like from a VOIP provider like TextNow for free and then have it ported over to Public Mobile account.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@saiii  if all else fails go to a bell store and get a prepaid 10$ plan with the number you want and then go home and port the number to your mom's public mobile account! It will cost you a few bucks but you'll get the number you want 

saiii

Wow thats great!! Thanks for sharing this page

saiii

Yea indeed

i really want to find a 647 number for mom

416 is ideal but seems like it is hard to get.

is it 437 one still having issue of considering as long distance number?

i have seen some posts talking about this issue

saiii

That’s good to know! Thank u!,

@GinYVR wrote:

@saiiiRemember the number pool is shared between all Telus Mobility brands. Personally I don't think you will see 416 numbers often with Public Mobile, since the majority of the 416 number exchanges are owned by Bell. If you want a 416 number, Bell is the provider you want.

I know that you didn't say say that Telus doesn't have any 416 area code numbers. Telus used to have an "Asian friendly" phone number pool. Phone numbers were provided that were considered to be good luck. Selecting this option when performing a self serve phone number change at Telus resulted in phone numbers showing up in the list to choose from that otherwise wouldn't.  It's not impossible to get a 416 phone number, but it might take some work to get it.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@saiii 

You can get a 416 number from the providers listed in the following link

http://www.cnac.ca/data/COCodeStatus_NPA416.htm

Check for newly released 416 number every morning.

Have providers' SIM cards on hand and ready to activate ASAP and port over to PM.

@saiii wrote:

I’m currently with public mobile already. 

Do you think going to a booth for a new number is exactly the same as we got it online?

do booths share the same number system as this online self serve or maybe they will have high chances to get more numbers choices??

Employees at retail locations are not there to provide customer service to existing customers. They are there to sell and activate new services.

@harleen wrote:

if you want new number then you can just go to public mobile site register yourself then you can get new number of your own choice. 

Existing customers are only given a few numbers at a time to choose from. There is no way to search for any sequence of numbers, and the choice tends be limited.

@GinYVR wrote:

@saiiiRemember the number pool is shared between all Telus Mobility brands. Personally I don't think you will see 416 numbers often with Public Mobile, since the majority of the 416 number exchanges are owned by Bell. If you want a 416 number, Bell is the provider you want.

In that case, it wouldn't be a bad idea to go on Bell Prepaid just to get a good number lol

@saiii  Lol I don't won't to check on my own account just in case I screw up and change my number. I do believe I tapped the arrow on the small rectangular box below for more numbers. Do that 1 or 2 more times and try tapping on the box containing the numbers...it should expand.

saiii

28DE2DD4-5FE2-44AC-80CD-A0CBB3EBAB74.jpeg

only showing these much 

@saiii wrote:

How do u actually do it

i can only get 5 numbers everytime

@saiii  If I remember correctly you first choose the numbers to come up, then below that box it would prompt you if you wanted a different selection of numbers, and another 5 would appear. I can't remember if I did that one more time or if at that point i tapped ( I'm using a tablet) the box containing the phone numbers and it expanded to give a large selection you could scroll through.

saiii

Yea doesn’t matter what kind of numbers but just want to see if I have some lucks to get those old area code numbers

saiii

How do u actually do it

i can only get 5 numbers everytime

@saiii  When choosing a phone number for activations i have helped with in Vancouver despite loading many numbers only the new exchange of 236 ever came up. Once the first 5 appeared in the box and i loaded more you could tap the box to expand and as many as 30 appeared to choose from...again all 236 exchange.

@saiiiThe booth uses more or less the same interface as online. I don't think it will make that much of a difference.

I think other providers probably give you more choices. Also it depends on what numbers you want as the exchange code (ie the first 3 digits after the area code) certain ones belongs to certain providers, so you won't be able to get ones that don't belong to Telus.

saiii

I’m currently with public mobile already. 

Do you think going to a booth for a new number is exactly the same as we got it online?

do booths share the same number system as this online self serve or maybe they will have high chances to get more numbers choices??

harleen

they does relaese new numbers. so like if a person want new number then he can gave his number to other. you can get new number from the customer who had used it. sometimes it sucked because you start recieving calls from other people you donot know, usng old number suked a lot. if you want new number then you can just go to public mobile site register yourself then you can get new number of your own choice. 

saiii

Thank u for the tips! Maybe it’s a bit late night now it refreshing slowly but it works!!!Smiley Very Happy

GR
Mayor / Maire

@saiii when I wanted to change my daughters number I went in change number and to the province-city and it loads 5 number and if I didn't want to this 5 numbers I would just load a different city in the same province and then back to the city I wanted and then it would load 5 more numbers and I did that until I picked a number I wanted 

saiii

That’s true too, but mom loves old fashioned and her friends didn’t pick up her call when they see a number start with “807” (I picked it thought it’s cool but obviously she hates it)

her friends thought it was a scam number lol

Need Help? Let's chat.