cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take the moderators to resolve issues?

604jimmy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My service hasn't worked for the last two days.

Contacted the mods Friday and this morning but no replies. I'm getting kinda frustrated now.

It would be nice to know that my message has been read and that they're looking into the issue.

Just so I know that someone is on top of it.

Been on Public for 3 years with no issue. But the first time I have an issue with my service, the lack of dedicated customer support is starting show it's consequences. 

23 REPLIES 23

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

Makes me wonder too... I am a new customer and only a few days after signing up I received invitations with promos to move to Koodo one BOTH plans...   Made me feel like PM is being used only as a front to get customers over to Koodos and wondering how much commitment there is behind PM.

I understand, and PM is totally used as a way to bring customers to Koodo, a brand that usually gets more profit for Telus.

However, there is enough commitment behind PM for them to conduct in person interviews with some customers, to consult the community, to rethink the rewards (upgraded community rewards and levels, new incentive for new customers to use the referral), to create new promos, to change the way the prices are displayed to make it clearer for new customers, etc.

Yes, this is no warranty that PM will stay and there are still many other small —and bigger– problems, but the fear that some had that PM would eventually close is gone for most (well, I think), and anyways let's enjoy cheap prices while they're there, whether it's for long or not 😉

Makes me wonder too... I am a new customer and only a few days after signing up I received invitations with promos to move to Koodo one BOTH plans...   Made me feel like PM is being used only as a front to get customers over to Koodos and wondering how much commitment there is behind PM.

220lr

I'm in the same boat and fearing spending the Canada Day weekend without a phone. Not the fault of the moderators as I've always had great service when I joined PM 2 years ago. Just feels like a great service has gone downhill immediately while they send us messages to go over to Koodo.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@siosonnoel826 wrote:

need help im locked out

@siosonnoel826 you need to send the moderator team a private message:

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

siosonnoel826
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

need help im locked out

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hey @jesvinsjoseph, Please check your inbox. I just you a private message.

Thank you!

Aïssata

jesvinsjoseph

Hi, I am in the same situation. Its been over a day since I requested assistance to port my number. I sent out several messages and to different moderators with no help in return. 

Please let me know when can I start using the new service. My billing cycle already has lost couple of days. 

Thanks again

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

@ijoin4success, Please reply to my private message.

Looking forward to hearing from you 🙂

Aïssata

ijoin4success

been 3 hours i have posted a message and still nothing...

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

@pm-smayer97, Sorry to hear this. I'll be waiting for your reply to the private message I sent you so that we can sort this out.

Thank you!

Cheers,

Aïssata

What about me? I am still waiting too with NO phone service for 2 days... ALL because PM system is counting minutes and texts incorrectly, so my balance ran out prematurely!

Aïssata_B
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning 604jimmy,

Thank you for reaching out to us! I'm sorry to read about this bad experience and I'd definitely assist you with your issue. Please check your mailbox, I just sent you a private message. 

Best.

Aïssata

@LEGO wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@604jimmy wrote:

Sunday night now, A moderate reached out and told me there was an information mismatch and that they locked my account for security reasons.

They put a $10 plan on my account 'till we can sort this all out. Although when I log into the portal to check it out, no plan is shown.

Overall, I'm happy that I can be connected to the word now after 3 days of being a digital hermit 

The quiet must have been deafening.  Something doesn't seem right in moderator land this weekend.  The response time is far from usual.  We will have to find out what happened.

@will13am Well… I'll tell you what happened. Everyone took Koodo’s offers and we were left alone! Woman LOL

Don't forget the last one to leave has to turn off the lights!

This is frustrating...

First, it takes over 6.5 hours to get a reply from the Mods.

Second, PM changes their procedures to authenticate after I already gave all my info to authenticate me based on previous procedures from only 2 weeks ago. (I responded about 1 1/2 hours later).

Then, 2 1/2 hours later, still no reply or action and my phone is still locked out because their system has problems and is not counting minutes and texts correctly. They should have a way to prioritize responses to their responses. It feels like being sent to the back of the queue whenever a mod replies.

This is terrible service...I get this is forum-based support but the turn-around time is REALLY bad! (I have already had several experiences).

Please fix my account. And please fix this response process and turn-around time. 

(Yes, I have PM'd the mods...)

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a never used, never activated Koodo prepaid SIM for sale 🙂 for whoever's remaining to grab and make $5 on the deal.

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@will13am wrote:

@604jimmy wrote:

Sunday night now, A moderate reached out and told me there was an information mismatch and that they locked my account for security reasons.

They put a $10 plan on my account 'till we can sort this all out. Although when I log into the portal to check it out, no plan is shown.

Overall, I'm happy that I can be connected to the word now after 3 days of being a digital hermit 

The quiet must have been deafening.  Something doesn't seem right in moderator land this weekend.  The response time is far from usual.  We will have to find out what happened.

@will13am Well… I'll tell you what happened. Everyone took Koodo’s offers and we were left alone! Woman LOL

@604jimmy wrote:

604jimmy

604jimmy

@jp2 wrote:

@604jimmy if you post more info we maybe able to help you but if it's a account issue obviously we won't be able to help. 

I already made a post about this issue, but here is it again.

I've been with public for about 3 years with no issues. I was on AutoPay, had a credit card on for years with no issue.

Then on Friday when my plan renews, my phone stopped working and my wife got a text message saying that she is going to lose $1 rewards because I stopped my plan. 

Went online and tried making a payment with my card on file. Did not work so I removed it and tried our other cards. Didn't work. Called the credit card companies thinking maybe I got hacked. but they say everything is fine and said it must be the vendor.

Went to the forum, and people suggested trying different computers and browsers. That didn't help.

Sent the moderators a message on Friday and another one Saturday. It is now Sunday and no reply or acknowledgment they have received my message. People have not been able to reach me to 3 days now.

I don't know what else to do now. Or how long to wait to hear a response from the moderators. 

Untitled-3.jpg

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@604jimmy if you post more info we maybe able to help you but if it's a account issue obviously we won't be able to help. 

PJC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Typically takes a few hours for them to get back so I'm surprised you are still waiting, but  hopefully not much longer.

To expedite the authentication process, you should include your phone number, e-mail and pin on your account and a detailed description of your issue in your private message to them. 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@604jimmy wrote:

My service hasn't worked for the last two days.

Contacted the mods Friday and this morning but no replies. I'm getting kinda frustrated now.

That is poor and unusual. Robot Frustrated

It's not much solice but, if you need to make phone calls while waiting for resolution, try an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi, or on cellular data.

Login to your self serve account to see what's up there. If it shows "Suspended" then the system is waiting for a payment.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Someone_here
Mayor / Maire

Hi @604jimmy,

Usually it's less than a couple of hours to get a response, but can sometimes go to a day or two.

I understand it's frustrating... I'll tag the @CS_Agent here just to make sure they have seen your message!

Need Help? Let's chat.