Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take Public Mobile to complete porting process

Vi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

9 REPLIES 9

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hello @Vi

To answer your question, the porting process can take 30 minutes to 2.5 hours for wireless numbers (if approved).

If you are porting a landline number, this can take up to 2 business, as long as the correct information has been entered.

I hope this answers your question 🙂

Cheers,

Ashley

FYI Ashley: landlines and VOIP can take up to 10 days; aka 6 business days!

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Cezfire
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I ported one phone recently and if you have the account information with you and the phone line is still active it should be almost immediately. Just make sure there are no pending balances and that you have the adequate information and it should be a fairly straight and simple process. 

Cezfire
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I ported the one phone recently and if you have the account information with you and the phone line is still active it should be almost immediately. Just make sure there are no pending balances and that you have the adequate information and it should be a fairly straight and simple process. 

frank_wang
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Recently I have ported two mobile phone numbers to PM. First one tooks only 30 minutes. The number became availabe as soon as I walked out of the Walmart store. But second one tooks a few days, since some information I provied to PM wasn't correct (I did it in the same Walmart store, and it wasn't my phone number though). I had to send private messages to PM with corrected information and some other more personal information. Within 24 hours PM responsed to the message, and the phone started working a few hours later. So PLEASE get your original contact, account number, PIN and so on ready before you activate the new SIM. 

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@popping wrote:

PM works as fast as they can.  But we are at the mercy of the company, who is holding our landline or VoIP number, to release your number to PM.

And in that sense, I'd say it's hard to cite an exact timeframe. It varies from carrier to carrier.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

PM works as fast as they can.  But we are at the mercy of the company, who is holding our landline or VoIP number, to release your number to PM.

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hello @Vi

To answer your question, the porting process can take 30 minutes to 2.5 hours for wireless numbers (if approved).

If you are porting a landline number, this can take up to 2 business, as long as the correct information has been entered.

Cheers,

Ashley

Landlines upto 2 days that is a big change from the upto 7 we were told before

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Vijust to add to the reply from mod team.  if it is taking longer than the above stated times you likly have a failed fort and will need to contactthe moderator team with your porting information (old account name, exatly as on bill,and old account number)

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello @Vi

Cheers,

Ashley

Need Help? Let's chat.