cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you change name greeting - PM Voice Mail

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

When I initialy set up PM voice mail I recorded my company name instead of my name. How may I change or delete my Voice Mail's name?  

12 REPLIES 12

I have reassigned the solution to @No, as they provided the same solution prior to my response.

@BEER, glad to see you were able to make the change.

BEER

It worked -- thank you - will accept your solution.

BEER

Thank you. Will try it later when I get a chance. 

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@BEER wrote:

When I initialy set up PM voice mail I recorded my company name instead of my name. How may I change or delete my Voice Mail's name?  

@BEER, i signed into my voice mail and pressed 4, 4, 3.  It then prompted me with options to hear my name, change the name, or delete it altogether.

i did note, the multiple menus are not all voice prompted, but the link that @mimmo @provided had enough detail there to tell me what I needed to do to get there.

So it will let you change the name.

lheintzman
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@BEER wrote:

This is quite the puzzle. It seems that nobody's been able to figure out what you're trying to accomplish. But gawd knows there's enough willing to try. So maybe you could explain why changing the greeting won't do what you want, since that seems to be where people get stuck. 

Or

You could describe how voicemail might function differently if you could make the changes you're aiming for. 

Or

You could contact the Mods and ask that voicemail be reset to its virgin default state, as if you were a first-time customer. Then you could set it up however you like. 

Best of luck. 

lheintzman

sandpublic

From your phone hold down 1press 4 press 4 again. You should be able to change it.

BEER

Nope -- that does everything but no way to erase your name - you can only delete, add or re-record your message etc.************** If I'm wrong please direct me to the section that allows one to revise or delete the name that was originaly asked for when setting up Voice Mail.

BEER

@lheintzman wrote:

If you've already set up voicemail, you can make changes from the main menu. 

1.get into voicemail. (press and hold 1 on your dialer.) 

2 pick option 3 from the menu. (manage voicemail)

3 follow the prompts. 

Nope -- that doesn't erase your name - you can only delete or re-record your message

No
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

To change name greeting - PM Voice Mail

Dial into your voicemail. From the main menu,

Personal Options - 4

Personal Preferences - 4

Recorded Name - 3

lheintzman

If you've already set up voicemail, you can make changes from the main menu. 

1.get into voicemail. (press and hold 1 on your dialer.) 

2 pick option 3 from the menu. (manage voicemail)

3 follow the prompts. 

Need Help? Let's chat.