cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I turn off autopay and cancel plan when I dont have self serve account, dont have the SIM?

Amanpreet
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi. My phone number is +1647xxxx. I dont have a self serve account, neither can I create one using the SMS code because the SIM card is now in another country.

I want to get the autopay turned off and cancel the prepaid plan.

Please advise how it can be done.

edit by mimmo removed tel number

15 REPLIES 15

@Natchamp wrote:

I am in the same boat. I have a plan on auto pay but it will not let me into the account and I have noone to call for help. This is ridiculous. How do we turn this off???

@Natchamp 

You can call 611 from your phone follow options to turn it off.

To access your account. Have you tried the forgot password link?

If that is not working you have to contact moderators.

Simon.JPG

Or private message at link below

Click Me 

They will help you getting access to your account again.

Natchamp
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am in the same boat. I have a plan on auto pay but it will not let me into the account and I have noone to call for help. This is ridiculous. How do we turn this off???

@AmanpreetAt the last resort, you can always change your credit card# on your bank side

@Anonymous wrote:

I know activating online they send you a text with the PIN you created during the activation that comes from the name - 611. I don't know about in-store.

There's a toll free # to get to the same thing as dialing 611 if you had the SIM in the phone. You can call it from any phone.

I think activation in-store gives random PIN.  For online, it gives you the random PIN and the chosen one seconds after.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Amanpreet wrote:

@Anonymous I generally keep the associated emails but get rid of papers. None of the emails had any account related details. There's a toll-free#?

I know activating online they send you a text with the PIN you created during the activation that comes from the name - 611. I don't know about in-store.

There's a toll free # to get to the same thing as dialing 611 if you had the SIM in the phone. You can call it from any phone.

@Amanpreet wrote:

There's a toll-free#?

It's automated. There's nobody there who answers.

Amanpreet

@geopublic Thanks. Sent them a private message.

@Anonymous I generally keep the associated emails but get rid of papers. None of the emails had any account related details. There's a toll-free#?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Amanpreet wrote:

Thanks for getting back. I had called but it didnt work since I dont have account pin. Any workaround or escalation procedure?

So you have the phone. If you're like me, I keep everything. Perhaps you still have the initial texted PIN from 611. I don't know if that gets created and sent to you on a store activation though. But then you could use that toll free #.

@Amanpreet wrote:

I used the chat feature to try and get to moderators by creating a ticket. Since the account number was not mailed to me, I dont have that and hence, cannot authenticate myself. So, I am trying to answer security questions but the form doesnt goes ahead and lets me submit.

@Amanpreet 

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Amanpreet

I used the chat feature to try and get to moderators by creating a ticket. Since the account number was not mailed to me, I dont have that and hence, cannot authenticate myself. So, I am trying to answer security questions but the form doesnt goes ahead and lets me submit.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Amanpreet  click on the question mark on the bottom of the screen.  type moderator and then follow the prompts.  the chat bot will eventually bing you to a form to contact moderators.

Amanpreet

I am in canada but don't have access to SIM anymore. I don't intend to use the phone number anyway and want to get the prepaid plan cancelled and autopay set off.

How do we get moderators to disable autopay?

Amanpreet

Thanks for getting back. I had called but it didnt work since I dont have account pin. Any workaround or escalation procedure?

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Amanpreet wrote:

Hi. My phone number is +1647. I dont have a self serve account, neither can I create one using the SMS code because the SIM card is now in another country.

Are you in the U.S.? Texts can be received while there and self serve account created. You can also ask moderators to disable autopay but only do that if all other ways fail.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Amanpreet wrote:

Hi. My phone number is xxxxxxxx. I dont have a self serve account, neither can I create one using the SMS code because the SIM card is now in another country.

@Amanpreet dial +1 (855) 478-2542

Enter your number and follow the prompts to disable AutoPay.

Need Help? Let's chat.