cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I transfer my current number from a different provider?

Macaleken
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

6 REPLIES 6

Macaleken

Thank-you!

blackmatcha

I transferred from Fido and successfully ported to Public Mobile few hours ago.

Make sure your account is active. In my case FIDO.

You need a sim from Public Mobile and have it activated first with new number and Top up with plan. You will see two options: New Number or Transfer number from your old provider. DO NOT TRY PORTING IT BY YOURSELF.

after that if your new number from public mobile is working (try calling or message to see if it works) chat SIMON automated chatbox link below and wait for his replies:

1) type port request

2.) TRANSFER MY NUMBER AFTER ACTIVATION option

3) Contact a moderator

4) Submit a ticket. Click me!

5) log in your community account in Public mobile - you need new account for this. Its not connected to your main account for Public mobile when you registered your sim card 

6) select issue category:  go to OTHER not the activation unsuccessful

7) select SOMETHING ELSE option

8.) type PORT REQUEST in the box for details

9) verify by My account or by PIN (your choice)

10) after verify Submit Ticket

Link for SIMON automated chat box: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

wait for the moderator reply for the ticket. It will take like one day before they reply in my case. Then they will ask you for details about your old provider.

you can ask me for more info 🙂

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Macaleken 

You would need to unlock your phone with your current provider. 

Purchase a Public Mobile SIM card,

canadiancellsupplies.com has them for 2.99. 

Once you get your SIM you have two options:

1. Port your number over during activation by selecting your current number during the process. You will need your name and account number on the previous provider's account.

note: refer to option two if you are with koodo prepaid. Once you activate you will need to wait 2 to 3 hours for the process to complete.

2. You can activate a Public Mobile SIM use a Public Mobile number they provide as a temporary number. Once it is active then contact the moderators as @gpixel pointed out. Say port request. They will need the phone number being ported and the account number. Again youll wait 2 to 3 hours and the port will be complete. 

And that is how you can port your number from an existing provider. 

Note: DO NOT CANCEL your previous privider. It will cancel automatically once the process has finished. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Macaleken 

Public Mobile recommends to take the following steps if you need to port-in a number:

• Be sure to note the best practices below to ensure a smooth process:
    1. Only the authorized account holder can transfer a number.
    2. You cannot transfer numbers between Public Mobile accounts.
    3. Your previous account must be active in order for the number transfer to go through. Once the transfer is complete, it will be automatically deactivated from your previous service provider.
    4. Double check your old account info, as it needs to be correct in order for your number transfer to complete. Here’s the information you’ll need:

Mobile Phone Number Transfer

Landline Phone Number Transfer

Alternate Phone Number

Complete billing address

First and Last Name of the account holder

Alternate phone number

You’ll also need to provide one of the following: your old account number or your ESN/IMEI/MEID number or your account PIN

First and last name of the account holder

To complete your port-in request, please open the SIMon chatbot via this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. 

RS27

You would have to contact the moderators to have the process done for you once you have your plan activated.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

customer support.jpeg

@Macaleken if you've already activated your sim with a new number then you have to contact customer support to port the number over for you.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

Moderators are available from Monday to Friday from 8AM to Midnight EST and from Saturday and Sunday from 8AM to 10PM PM EST

Need Help? Let's chat.