cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I reset my 4 digit account pin?

rob79
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hey folks, I forget my 4 digit account PIN. Anyone know how I can reset that? Thanks!

18 REPLIES 18

@Anniewasserlauf 

If you need to reset your pin. Contact a moderator.

Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Anniewasserlauf
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mimmo wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Can an Oracle remove a tag? Now that I've brought open attention to it....

@mimmo 

@Anonymous   not that I have found.  edit i can remove tags that i personally put in but not those of others

which tagg do you wnatto remove?

A couple posts up. It appears the person wrote their PIN in the tag box. It's an otherwise empty post. Maybe you could just archive it or whatever you guys do to put it away somewhere out of sight.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous wrote:

@mimmo 

@Anonymous   not that I have found.  edit i can remove tags that i personally put in but not those of others

which tagg do you wnatto remove?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mimmo 

@poliver Tough to tell if you are posting a comment or a question. If you need help with your PIN you could try reading this thread from the beginning.

poliver

poliver

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@rob79 yeah I did this for my better half recently as well.  I haven't looked with her but I believe she got my April community reward attached to her account.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

rob79

Oh, I didn't realize it was that easy! Thanks!

@rob79 wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

@rob79 Link her email address to your Community account to reduce her cost with your rewards. Robot surprised

Good idea! Any idea how I could go about doing that? lol

Click on your avatar symbol and navigate to My Settings - Email and change it.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

rob79

@Luddite wrote:

@rob79 Link her email address to your Community account to reduce her cost with your rewards. Robot surprised

Good idea! Any idea how I could go about doing that? lol

rob79

Yeah, the mods ended up resetting it for me.

Gone but probably not forever. I was generally happy with the time I was with PM and still think it's great value for money if you can find a plan that meets your needs. Gave my old phone to my mom today (72 years old, first cell phone!) and signed her up with PM straight away lol.

Of course I'll be managing her PM acct, so I'll probably still be around from time to time 🙂

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@rob79 Yes, just did some rummaging around and seems you will need to contact the moderators. Since you don't know your PIN, you need some identifying info instead, any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address
  • Email address
  • Alternate phone number
  • Date of birth, of the account holder not Public Mobile Robot LOL
  • Last top up date & amount

Sorry to see you go. 

rob79

@Luddite wrote:

@rob79 wrote:

Hey folks, I forget my 4 digit account PIN. Anyone know how I can reset that? Thanks!

Assuning it's the same as your voicemail PIN, login to your account and click Reset Voicemail Password. If not that, click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with your phone number, account PIN, and an explanation. 

Hey Luddite, thx. It's not the same as the voicemail PIN, I just tried that one. It's the one you have to enter to buy an add on when calling 611. I'm trying to port my number to Koodo and they need the account PIN. I don't even remember setting one up, and I've tried every 4 digit pin I can think of and nothing is working lol.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@rob79 wrote:

Assuning it's the same as your voicemail PIN, login to your account and click Reset Voicemail Password. If not that, click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with your phone number, account PIN, and an explanation. 

Need Help? Let's chat.