cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I deactivate my account for a long time?

SamuelV
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'd like to suspend my account for four months since I won't be in canada during that time period. Is there anything i can do to resume using my number and plan after I come back? Thanks. 

6 REPLIES 6

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@SamuelV  as always, I recommend reading THE reference guide to extended absences written by oracle @Luddite :  Luddite's Extended Absence

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

If you don't top up your plan you have 90 days to top it up again to keep sim and number and plan active after 90 days your plan and number will be suspended .

Also that's doesn't matter what plan you on 30 days or 90 days once you stop making payment then you have 90 days to reactive the plan .

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@SamuelV wrote:

I'd like to suspend my account for four months since I won't be in canada during that time period. Is there anything i can do to resume using my number and plan after I come back? Thanks. 

YOu can only have your number suspended for 90 days after that you will have your account closed and lose your number.  So if you want to keep your number you will need to pay for at least 30 days of service while you are away and let it sit suspended for the rest of the time.  If your plan is still available the cheapest option is to switch to the $10 plan run that for 30 days then let it expire and on about day 87 or 88 that is when I would reactivate the plan

ETA:  Sorry for the late reply we got into a good debate at work before I hit enter lol

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Once your current plan expires, it will sit for 90 days.  Sometime in that 90 days, you will want to reactivate a plan to keep your number and plan intact.

If you do not care about the specific plan, you can 'park' your number at a number parking service for as long as you wish, and only need to pay for the parking service, and a new PM Sim when you return, plus your new plan value.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@SamuelV wrote:

@SamuelVOnce a PM plan is not renewed for 90 days or more it gets de-activated and your number goes back into the pool. Your options are:

1.  Switch to a low cost plan like $10.00 and put in funds in your account to cover the time you are going to be away. (Recommended)
  2. Just before you leave suspend your phone by using the Lost/Stolen option via selfserve. Keep in mind that you will have to decalre your phone found on day 88-89 and renew your plan so that you don't lose your number.
  3. Don't renew your account it will get suspended and on day 88-89 make payment and re-activate your account.

Depending on the current cost of your plan option 1 is the safest way to do it. The choice is yours.

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@SamuelV wrote:

@SamuelV 

After 90 days the account and sim are cancelled...so best bet ..just before 90 days expires add a 10$ plan to keep it active

Need Help? Let's chat.