cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I close my account?

dreski
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I would like to close my account with public mobile. I signed up yesterday and changed my mind.

13 REPLIES 13

yangisvivian

I will canncel it and share my bad experience with my friends

yangisvivian

I transfereed my number but for a week it is "NO service"!!! 

yangisvivian

Public is really a junk carrier!!! 

@DClark444You can contact the moderator by clicking on the ? on the lower right hand corner and type contact moderator in the box.

@DClark444 wrote:

Can you port out a pre paid phone?  Would I have to buy a post paid phone to port out?

Yes you can port out a prepaid number. You can port out to a prepaid or postpaid carrier.

DClark444

Can you port out a pre paid phone?  Would I have to buy a post paid phone to port out?

DClark444

Where do I find a moderator, as I lost all of my password infor, so I'm prevented from closing my account.

DClark444

How do I disable my auto pay?

DClark444

How do I disable my Credit Card Auto Pay so my account will not be paid & my account will eventually be closed?

Porting out of PM automatically closes your account as well

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@dreski Try a polite request to the moderators and do not use the SIM until you have a response. I don't know about Canada but in Europe you have 14 days to get a refund on any service (not if you use it of course). 

Click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with your phone number and an explanation.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. 😎

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

TaylorJW
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi dreski, and welcome to the Public Mobile community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you've changed your mind, but I'm happy to assist you with that today.

As Public Mobile is a prepaid service (meaning you pay in advance for your plan) you don't need to do anything special. Simply disable autopay if you have it enabled and make no further payments to your account. Your account should be closed on the 91st day after your plan has expired. 

Regards,

Taylor

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Since PM is a prepaid service, you cannot activate and just close it the next day. You can just leave your account as is (auto pay disabled) and it will close automatically after plan expiry + 90 days. You will not get any refund since its prepaid service. 

Need Help? Let's chat.