cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change the email address on my profile account?

GlennK
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I did go to edit my profile but that option is not available.

10 REPLIES 10

@GlennK Support ticket is opened by following procedure given by will13am.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GlennK wrote:

Interesting answers....and how do I create a support ticket and I just want to make sure the profile email address is in sync with the login email address or if it matters?

They would be in sync if they are left as they were at activation. To test, run the Forgot your password? and find out which address it's set to. If it's the same as your login address then you're nsync.

GlennK
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Interesting answers....and how do I create a support ticket and I just want to make sure the profile email address is in sync with the login email address or if it matters?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@geopublic 

I was re-producing another members method and it's still there. Same end result as discussed in a prior thread.

@geopublic wrote:

@Anonymous  I thought that backdoor was closed. Was it not?

If someone still has that link bookmarked, I suspect that it still works, but using this procedure never did change everything over properly.

@geopublic wrote:

Must be a hackdoor because I don't see Change Username in my accounts. 🤔

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@GlennK 

PM self-serve portal uses your email address as your username.  Therefore, moderator assistant is needed to change your self-serve account email.  Otherwise, you will not be able to login to your account.  Create a support ticket to change your account email address.

Your community account does not use your email address as your username.  Therefore, you can change the email address for your community account yourself.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@GlennK , as noted your best bet is to go through the moderator team to get the associated email address and account login email synced up properly.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using smartforms which is initiated by clicking on the ? on the lower right corner of the webpage or try using this link. The guided process will facilitate documentation of the issue or concern and the required resolution which will be submitted to the moderator team. Refer to this announcement link for additional details on smartforms and the ticketing system for moderator team interactions. If use of smartform brings no joy, then use the following direct link to private message the moderator team. Refer to the following knowledge base article for additional information on the moderator team.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GlennK wrote:

I did go to edit my profile but that option is not available.

Are you meaning here in the community or the self-serve?

The self-serve has a backdoor method to change the login email but it doesn't change the initial activation email. To change that requires asking the moderators.

The community is changeable in your settings under your shooting star avatar.

Need Help? Let's chat.