cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: How do I change my locaitons?

@popping wrote:

@zblackma wrote:

Do you still have to make the monthly call with the $5 in the account?

No.  Fongo will not cancel your account if there is fund in the account.

I sometime use the Fongo fund to call US number.

You can try the call always forward for a month first before adding $5.

BTW, if you miss the monthly call out, you can get your number back within 90 days after it was canceled.  But Fongo will ask you to add $5 before Fongo giving back your Fongo number.

Sorry for the wrong info.

Read new Fongo dormant account policy.

You need call out at least once every 90 days

If you have fund in your account, you will be charged $1 dormant fee every 90 days.

You account will be canceled if your account does not have money to pay the dormant fee.

https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360029677892-Fongo-Dormant-Account-Policy

Update: I checked my account with $0 balance.  My $5 was used to pay the dormant fee,  I am setting my monthly calendar alarm to remind me to call out at least once per month instead of adding more fund to my Fongo mobile app account.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thankyou. I have something similar but with a US number and the textfree app.

@popping wrote:

@popping wrote:

@zblackma wrote:

Do you still have to make the monthly call with the $5 in the account?

No.  Fongo will not cancel your account if there is fund in the account.

I sometime use the Fongo fund to call US number.

You can try the call always forward for a month first before adding $5.

BTW, if you miss the monthly call out, you can get your number back within 90 days after it was canceled.  But Fongo will ask you to add $5 before Fongo giving back your Fongo number.

Sorry for the wron info.

Read new Fongo dormant account policy.

You need call out at least once every 90 days

If you have fund in your account, you will be charged $1 dormant fee every 90 days.

You account will be canceled if your account does not have money to pay the dormant fee.

https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360029677892-Fongo-Dormant-Account-Policy

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

There's an option to update your address on your profile.. but there's no any advantage of of changing your location . Public mobile has very flexible options

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@bretskigretzky wrote:

Hey community,

Since I've switched over to PM, I've noticed that my phone number is located in Vancouver but I live in Victoria. I'd like to find a way to change my locale without changing my phone number but am not finding a self-service option to do this. I'd just like to know if I'm missing anything.

Thank you in advance.

Brett

You're asking the impossible. You can't change phone number's location. If you want a Victoria number, you have to change it. If you want both Victoria and Vancouver numbers, you'll need a second account.