Did you mean: 

How do I add money after I purchased a voucher

Mosmyl
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

10 REPLIES 10

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Mosmyl  Click below to get help with how to add a voucher using 611

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/pay-for-your-services-through-611

Obice
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@dabr 

I'm aware of all that, just clarifying.

The terms "phone" and "call(ing)" seem to have broad definitions nowadays.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Obice  Your phone connects to PM (Telus) network in order make and receive calling, texts or use plan data. 

Wifi calling apps are completely separate (Whatsapp, Skype, TextNow etc) and calling and messaging can be facilitated through these apps without impacting your PM plan minutes.  However, you must have a wifi connection when you use these apps which can be via your home internet provider or the many businesses and retailers that offer free wifi when away from the home connection.

Obice

@dabr 

Fair enough. When I'm wrong I'm wrong. (My answer is based on what I was told/read here on the forum someplace).

This does not make very much sense to me.

"Using calling apps when connected to Wifi"

Which calling apps are we talking about? Because the "Phone" app itself is by definition a "calling" app.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Obice   According to the following dialing 611 doesn't use up plan minutes.

Talk

Talk minutes are counted whenever you make or receive calls on your phone. Talk time is calculated from the start of a call to when it is disconnected, and includes ring time and call routing. Total call time is always rounded up to the nearest minute. Please note that calls to voicemail and forwarding calls will use plan minutes.

Use Minutes                                   Doesn't Use Minutes

Making a callCalling *611 (the IVR)
Answering a callMaking or receiving calls from 911
Retrieving voicemail messagesUsing calling apps when connected to Wifi
Using call forwarding 

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Mosmyl 

The easiest way to add the voucher to your account is by calling 611 from your phone.

Of course, you can add the voucher by going into your self-serve account but a lot of people have issues adding the voucher online sometimes.

Cheers

@Mosmyl the pin is a 12 digit number in the receipt  use @darlicious 's voucher catalogue to see where the pin may be https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Voucher-Catalogue/m-p/479165#...

Obice

One problem that might arise with using 6-1-1 is that if you have the cheapest plan, calling 6-1-1 will use up some minutes.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know if you still have the question but...

1. You can use the 611 service to redeem the voucher.

2. You can use the self-serve under Make a Payment and click the drop down list and select voucher and enter it there.

Remember that it's just adding money. You would then need to do what you need afterwards. ie. buy add-on, reactivate, change plan immediately.

Obice

@Mosmyl 

Go to "My Account" and then log in.

Go to > Payment > One-Time Payment > The site will then ask you for your voucher number.

Need Help? Let's chat.