cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I add a second line to my Self-Serve account?

Poogzley
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello,

I am planing on activeing a second line how do I add it to my existing Self-Serve account?

15 REPLIES 15

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@wickedgx wrote:

Having this option to add a second line would save me some time. A lot of providers have this option like Rogers when I was with them. Public should consider this in the future. 

I'm going to refer to my previous response....

@srlawren wrote:

@Poogzley wrote:

It would be nice if they added that functionality in the near future...

@Poogzley FYI, PM have given us no indication that this is even something they are considering.  I would not recommend holding your breath for this change.  

...and then add:  @wickedgx if this is deal-break for you, unfortunately you wil need to look at another provider.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@wickedgxYou can have a second line.. just use another email.. or email alias..

wickedgx
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Having this option to add a second line would save me some time. A lot of providers have this option like Rogers when I was with them. Public should consider this in the future. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Poogzley wrote:

It would be nice if they added that functionality in the near future...

@Poogzley FYI, PM have given us no indication that this is even something they are considering.  I would not recommend holding your breath for this change.  

@shskr wrote:

If you use gmail you can create aliases and still recieve to the same email, maybe that would work.

More on this approach if anyone is curious:  https://www.thewindowsclub.com/gmail-address-tricks

EDIT: fixed the incorrect quote in this second reply.  Sorry everyone!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

shskr

If you use gmail you can create aliases and still recieve to the same email, maybe that would work.

@Dunkman wrote:

@Lieux wrote:

Do you know if I it is possible to transfer funds between PM accounts?

I would like too!!! 2 times I asked for that and 1 time they answered they can't do that and 2 time... no answer......but I have read that some customers transfered funds..so..????

Not sure if they changed policy.  I was able to transfer funds between accounts in the past x2.  Just ask nicely   Smiley Happy

Ok I will ask ..again...thanks.Smiley Wink

@Lieux wrote:

I would like too!!! 2 times I asked for that and 1 time they answered they can't do that and 2 time... no answer......but I have read that some customers transfered funds..so..????

Not sure if they changed policy.  I was able to transfer funds between accounts in the past x2.  Just ask nicely   Smiley Happy

Poogzley

@Lieux wrote:Screen Shot 2019-06-21 at 9.06.51 PM.png

I am agree with you..it's not very clear with this...but with public mobile it is 1 account for 1 phone number with 1 email...

Seems strange that they give the option for the dropdown menu if you can't actually use it... It would be nice if they added that functionality in the near future...

@Lieux wrote:
and good job for your screenshot!!! It took me few months to discover how to dot it!!Smiley Wink

Thank you!

@Poogzley wrote:

@RossN wrote:

you cant you have to set up another account

Then why do they give you the option to switch between accounts on your self-serve?Screen Shot 2019-06-21 at 9.06.51 PM.png

I am agree with you..it's not very clear with this...but with public mobile it is 1 account for 1 phone number with 1 email...and good job for your screenshot!!! It took me few months to discover how to dot it!!Smiley Wink EDIT I just see that you are not a new one!!

Poogzley

@RossN wrote:

Then why do they give you the option to switch between accounts on your self-serve?Screen Shot 2019-06-21 at 9.06.51 PM.png

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Poogzley wrote:

Hello,

I am planing on activeing a second line how do I add it to my existing Self-Serve account?

But you can have a same credit card to pay your plan!

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@RossN wrote:

And with a separte email address...

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Unfortunately, you can have only one account and email per sim.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

Need Help? Let's chat.