cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I change my phone number?

Mat_F
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Interested in changing your Public Mobile phone number? Great Smiley Very Happy - we have an easy Self Serve option for you:

1. Log into your Self Serve Account
  2. Select "Plans and Add-ons"
  3. Select "Change Phone Number"
  4. Choose either (i) 'select a new phone number' or (ii) 'transfer a number' and follow all of the details

See visual for details:

PortLL.jpg

Please note: if you choose "transfer a wireless or wireless number from Public Mobile or another provider", AKA 'port', it may take several hours to several days to complete the transfer. Please do not hesitate to ask us Community-goers if you have any questions!

Mat

7 REPLIES 7

Taekgun
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Abu_Hanif

You have posted to a very old thread.  In the future, start your own thread under the appropriate category and it will get the exposure and response you're looking for.

To answer your question:

1) If you change your number through self-serve, that number will become active on your account while you will loose the old number.

2) It will not affect your monthly plan at all.

3) You are only permitted to change your phone number seldomly, at maximum once a month I believe.

Abu_Hanif
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If I change my number,what will happen?

It will change my monthly plan too?

and will they charge me for that??

-Thanks in advance 

sohanc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have two adresses. I purchased public mobile cell phone two months back using one adress. Now i lwould like to change my bell canada land line phone at second address to my public mobile number. I have tried emailing and every thing, but nothing happened yet.  please help

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @newbie

I understand your concern and I would be more than happy to take a look into this.

It's possible that there may be a delay in the number change, please send me your phone number via private message (the old one and the new one)

Thank you 🙂

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I just changed my phone number (change of province), it reads 'phone number change successful'.

I switched off my phone and turned it on again, no change to number.

I logged back onto Public self-serve, number still hasn't changed.

Am I doing anything wrong? Kinda in a hurry as I am moving between provinces today

TIA

*edit: problem resolved! thanks!*

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi Mat,

I think it should be added that changing phone numbers is free, and that it can be done only once per billing cycle.

Considering that PM is in Beta, I would advise against changing numbers unless it's crucial.

Cheers.

Mat_F
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Smiley Very Happy

Need Help? Let's chat.