cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrible Service and customer support

MajorPainage
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Well I have been with this company for about 2.5 months now and it's been nothing but a night mare.  I'm paying for 4G service but still only getting 3G service. And your support people keep telling me your working on it but nothing seems to be happening.  Wait weeks and never get a reply.

Had 4GB with Koodo and 4.5GB with Virgin with 4G service and always was enough.  Switch here and can only get 3G service and am getting cut off stating I have used 6GB.  Don't see how since I am doing the same things on the phone each day for months if not years.

So I have my data halted because the notice says I have hit my limit, and tells me to go onto the self serve to add more data capacity, which I think is a joke, and apparently I can't get into the self serve on a mobile device because the SSL certificates are invalid and no way to get on the site.  This is quite comical.Screenshot_20171010-211114-667.jpg

16 REPLIES 16

Arily4
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If you have an apple device, i had the same problem. Since switching to Samsung, ive had no issues at all. 

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Rest assured that I will investigate and find the root of the issue @MajorPainage, I am now going through all of your interactions with previous agents. Give me a few moments and I will send you a private message 🙂

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

MajorPainage

So you can eliminate some steps, we have already done factory reset, we went through the steps of making sure 4G was set as the priority service. And we have already tried another similar card. I just don't know why the jerk around when asked to just change the plan a week or two after signing up. I don't know if your just delaying until my term was up and I paid once again. I don't care now if I get 4G. I've wrote that off and am going with the 3G service. 

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @MajorPainage,

thank you for taking the time to reply and for sharing your concern.

I understand that you've had some issues trying to connect to 4G/LTE and I do understand your frustration. Our goal is to help, get to the root of the issue and resolve if we can. However, name-calling, such as "idiots" will not help the situation and I will have to very kindly ask you to refrain from using such language on the forum.

You mentioned that being with Koodo, you were able to get good service. The same should apply with Public Mobile as we are a subsidy of Telus and we use the same towers. è

Now, we have received your private message and I will personally look into the issue for you. The first step would be to look at which area you're in, make sure your plan is properly set up, and ensure that your phone is connected to 4G/LTE as a preferred network. We will also try a new SIM card in your phone (as it can be a defective SIM card) and troubleshoot every step we can. Please expect a reply shortly.

Respectfully,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

MajorPainage

Don't see how I am responsible for the horrible experience.  I am told we will get back to you in 48 hrs and not hear from anyone for 3 weeks.  I contact them again and be told to give us a couple more days, and not hear from them for over a month.  Don't call that reliable customer service.  I am not blaming those who help on here as they are quick to reply.  It's the next upper level that is so bad.

It doesn't matter anymore.  I changed my plan to 3G since I am unable to get 4G, but I still think I should have had customer service change it months ago when I asked.  They have the money and choose not to adjust and reimburse people.  They just want to pocket the money.  Much like when changing the plan, they pocket any service you paid for from the date of changing to the end of your term.  Kind of theft, but that is in their rules.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Raaaage!  @MajorPainage, I will agree with the SSL certificate issue, but not the horrible customer service.  Ever think that you might be culpable for the horrible experience in some way?  There are many things that are beyond the control of the moderator team.  All that they can do is make sure the account is properly set up.  They can assist with set up of a customer's phone but cannot fix connectivity issues that are not network related.  

For whatever reason, sometimes a phone needs to be factory reset, and other carriers have restrictions in place which prevent your device from working as expected.

i know factory reset is a dramatic step, but possibly, this will resolve your problem.

If I recall correctly, LG G4 and G5 devices are phones that have had this issue, and have been resolved via factory reset.  You have not or I missed, specifying what your phone is.

@MajorPainage

That's weird, because the signal from Koodo and Virgin Mobile is identical to PM. They share the same physical hardware and radio channel over the air interface.

Is your 4G signal poor everywhere?

Either your phone has suddenly become defective or something is wrong with your account that prevents registration on LTE. I don't think Bell/Telus have recently made such a drastic coverage change.

mattdxb

It does sound like an issue with your phone because Public Mobile is just a subsidiary brand of Telus and so is Koodo. It's the same cell towers. I suppose another possibility is the sim card itself.

MajorPainage

With Koodo and Virgin I had 3-4 bars on 4G. With PM, I have to restart the phone or force the phone to connect to 4G and I only get 0 bars and maybe for a short period I can get 1 bar. It generally drops back to 3G.  I have to assume that the 4G service quality is very poor compared to my previous providers. 

mattdxb

So, just to understand your situation better, are you saying the 4G problem is a signal strength issue or do you not get 4G anywhere at all? 

I tried the site on three different phones. It works fine. Sounds like an issue with Chrome on your phone. 

@MajorPainage wrote:

Quick question, if I change my plan now and change to 3GB with 12 GB, will the data be restored quickly?  Only because I need it for work and want to try and rectify this tonight.

And I guess I'll have to continue to fight with the idiots in the higher up support to get reimbursed for a service I couldn't be supplied.

If you change your plan, you will be charged the full amount for the new plan. Since this service is prepaid, they will not refund you. Send a private message to the Moderator_Team again with your account details and an explanation. I am sure they will get back to you tomorrow morning. 

MajorPainage

Quick question, if I change my plan now and change to 3GB with 12 GB, will the data be restored quickly?  Only because I need it for work and want to try and rectify this tonight.

And I guess I'll have to continue to fight with the idiots in the higher up support to get reimbursed for a service I couldn't be supplied.

MajorPainage

Been through all this in the past.  Phone works fine on 4G with other providers.  Here when phone is restarted, I can get 4G at 1 tops but most of the time it's 0 bars and it drops to 3G and stays there because the 4G signal is too weak.  Support took my phone info and check and it should be fine for 4G.  4G appears to be stronger at night but near non existant during the day.

As I said SSL error is on a mobile device as you can see in the image.  On a computer it's fine.

mattdxb

What kind of phone do you have? Perhaps it doesn't support the proper LTE bands for 4G on the PM network? It sounds like it's your phone that might be the issue. 

Have you checked to see if the phone works here? 

https://willmyphonework.net/

Also, have you tried going into the network settings on the phone and making sure it's set to look for LTE/UMTS networks? Try dialing *#*#4636#*#*  then going to Phone Information and see if you can set the Preferred network type. 

The SSL certificates on the site should be fine. Are you only getting that error on the phone or have you tried other browsers on a computer?

MajorPainage

I also asked to have my plan changed shortly after I signed up to 3G since you couldn't provide 4G service, but I keep getting jerked around.  Guess now that you have my money, you don't really think customer satisfaction matters.  I've asked on more than 1 occasion but that request is just ignored.

Need Help? Let's chat.