cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

History of Data Usage

ssdragon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I know I can check the data usage in the landing page and all details in Plan secession. But is there an easy way to see all data usage in previous cycles?

I want to know how much I used before, so I can adjust the future data plan.

16 REPLIES 16

Chanty

I have been sent a msg saying I am at 95% of my data usage yet I selected to buy the 4.5 GB of data for $40 and my payment summary shows only 4GB and I have used less data than previous months as I have wifi.   

How fo you check what programs are using data in the background on an i phone ? 

Other than the reduction in speeds from FULL LTE to Throttled 3G Speeds (on LTE), these are great plans.

The 4.5 GB plan has Canada Wide calling, the 6 GB plan has Canada Wide, and the 8 GB plan has Canada Wide plus US Calling.

irritated

I don't know how to calculate the value of each option.  seems like $2.5ish/gig

Correction:

irritated

$40 for 4.5GB currently

$50 for 6.5GB both 3G

on2wheels
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I should have stated the price of any new plan should also be reflected accordingly.  The 2.5gb plan is coming up at $40 for me with text and canadawide calling, so no incentive to downgrade to that right now.  I have faith the administrators at PM will price plans fairly.

@on2wheels: if you go into the plan builder, rather than selecting pre made plan choices, you will see a wide variety of plans, where you choose what you want, on 30 or 90 day cycles.

on2wheels

I understand priorities and such, valid points. Just wanted to add my name to the list of people who would want this feature modified. In its current state the usage history is almost useless to me and probably others who genuinely want to track what they need.  My Rogers internet account has had this function for years and I love it.

This all stems from my recent switch to the 500mb data plan in Feb and not having any idea if it was enough.  It wasn't, but I wasn't ready to commit to Koodo's offer.  For example, this new 4.5gb plan that is offered here is probably way more data than I'll ever need, but I'm not sure the 1gb plan is enough.  Honestly I'm surprised there's such a gap in premade plans, yet there's a 5.5gb plan available now.  So to those in charge of plan adjustments, have a second look at the 1-4gb range and see if anything can be done there.  Thanks!

@halifmikewrote:

But as a clarification to @Ionut's post, you can actually go back up to 1 year by using the date option on the usage history. Failing the ability to download, the best I can see is capturing 1 page at a time and paste it into a ss (like excel). Of course, this is tedious and time consuming as you only get 15 lines at a time... Anybody have a better way to capture this data?

I don't want to see usage at a detailed level. I want to see it at a summary level by month to answer the question "How much data did I use each month for the last x months?" where "x" is up to 12, or if possible even more.  Otherwise, how can you decide how much data to buy each month? I don't really want to take the time to add up a pile of numbers when one total would do nicely.

@halifmike Bad news I'm afraid. This is sooo way down the wish list it I'll be in my grave before it happens. Remember Public Mobile delivers low cost plans from a lean mean glitch prone machine. Robot Frustrated

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

halifmike

@JaKwrote:

Hi @ssdragon;

Totally agree with you, it would be really nice to have the ability to downable the usage history, so it would be easy to sort.

But as a clarification to @Ionut's post, you can actually go back up to 1 year by using the date option on the usage history. Failing the ability to download, the best I can see is capturing 1 page at a time and paste it into a ss (like excel). Of course, this is tedious and time consuming as you only get 15 lines at a time... Anybody have a better way to capture this data?

I don't want to see usage at a detailed level. I want to see it at a summary level by month to answer the question "How much data did I use each month for the last x months?" where "x" is up to 12, or if possible even more.  Otherwise, how can you decide how much data to buy each month? I don't really want to take the time to add up a pile of numbers when one total would do nicely.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@nhanken it's under consideration.  Please use the up-vote/bravo button on that thread if you'd like to lend your support.  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

nhanken
It would be nice if we have a PM App so it makes it easier to keep track of our data usage and account info. Does anyone know if there's an app coming soon? 😉

@ssdragon I had requested similar functionality to seperate txt from voice in use, they claim it would require major work to do so and as such is not possible at this time Cat Sad

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @ssdragon;

Totally agree with you, it would be really nice to have the ability to downable the usage history, so it would be easy to sort.

ssdragon

Yes, PM don't provide the invoice for the summary and the worest is they mix up the data using and talking together without output options(such as CSV).

I hope PM can add a button to generate summary with less stress for their server.

Ionut
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ssdragon 

1.Login into your account

2. Under my ADD-ONs 

2.1 View my Usage

3. Usage History

4. Choose the preference 7 day, 30 days, 90 days or other.:)

Also your smartphone keep your evident about your usage

For Android do as follow:

1. Settings

2.Data Usage.

3. Swipe from the Top Either Celluar or Wi-fi usage

4. Choose a Cycle and done.

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

I don't think there is. Data usage looks like it's only tracked in the current cycle. That's one thing I preferred with a post-pay plan was that you got an invoice showing your usage. With pre-pay, there are no invoices Robot Sad

Need Help? Let's chat.