cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: Help!

@AllanaHawkes wrote:

I’m wondering if I put an active sim from someone else’s device in my phone and attempt a login to my account, do you think the sms come through to me? 

Unfortunately you won't receive SMS sent to your number if someone else's SIM card is inserted.  Hopefully the moderators will respond to your query in a timely manner and can get it sorted for you!

You can give your friend a hard time for his iPad zapping your SIM card!  JK...

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hello i have tried to start my new sim card but it showing that " sim not supported"

@galen wrote:

hello i have tried to start my new sim card but it showing that " sim not supported"

Hi @galen, what model of phone do you have, and are you sure it's unlocked?

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

No kidding! He owes me a drink!! Haha 

SO....after much trial and error, my self serve had not yet been set up and my SIM card was damaged! Now, with assistance from PM I have accessed my account, set up my self serve, installed a new sim and have a big smile on my face once again! Thank you to everyone who offered tips and suggestions and support, I am grateful for the help and still very happy that I switched to PM!! 

Thanks for the follow-up and update @AllanaHawkes!  And for keeping such a positive attitude through all of this, when most people would've expressed grief and frustration!

Cheers!

Mayor / Maire

@AllanaHawkes wrote:

SO....after much trial and error, my self serve had not yet been set up and my SIM card was damaged! Now, with assistance from PM I have accessed my account, set up my self serve, installed a new sim and have a big smile on my face once again! Thank you to everyone who offered tips and suggestions and support, I am grateful for the help and still very happy that I switched to PM!! 

@AllanaHawkes suggestion: if someone else's reply above was helpful in getting to the resolution, you should probably mark their reply as the solution, rather than your own.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

While all were helpful, none was a solution. Thanks for your feedback, though

Mayor / Maire

@AllanaHawkes wrote:

While all were helpful, none was a solution. Thanks for your feedback, though

It has been refreshing to see a positive attitude and not setting ones hair on fire as so often happens around here.

I wouldn't normally call out a newb on a solution but now that it's been done...either of post 1 or post 2 could be the solution. Probably really post 2.

Since you're new, it's kinda frowned upon to give oneself a solution around here.

As a newbie, I made an assumption that I should say it had been solved, no idea of the etiquette! Haha tell me how to un-solve it and I will gladly take it off. Wasn’t meant as a props to myself, just thought it was saying it was solved.