cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!

AllanaHawkes
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I took my SIM card out today and when I put it back in, it gives me a message of no sim or invalid sim. I have turned my phone off and on and nothing changes. 

When I try to log in to my account it says it’s invalid and wen I try to change my password it wants to send me a text but I cannot receive it because my phone shows no sim. Please help!! I have been a customer for about 6 months and have been very happy with PM 

41 REPLIES 41

@AllanaHawkes What plan do you have? Login to your account to be sure it is correct and Active.

BTW: when you say texting works do you by chance mean iMessage? "Normal" SMS shows as green, iMessages are blue.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

AllanaHawkes

Haha he’s afraid that it will mess his up too! I’m charging an old unlocked phone now to see if that will work, thank you!! 

@AllanaHawkes Try your friend's SIM in your phone and vice versa. I now suspect your SIM is damaged but this test will decide. As long as you have data in your plan it will work in an iPad.

AllanaHawkes

Thanks, I’ll try that! 

My my phone is an iPhone, 6s

Be patient they will answer you @AllanaHawkes..Smiley Happy

AllanaHawkes

Also I did send a message to the moderator last night so I am hopeful that I will hear from them soon. Thanks for your reply!

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@AllanaHawkes wrote:

I took my SIM card out today and when I put it back in, it gives me a message of no sim or invalid sim. I have turned my phone off and on and nothing changes. 

Can you try buffing the contacts of the SIM card with a clean cloth to remove any tarnish or fingerprints, and then re-seating in the tray and re-inserting?  On the occasional phone, this has helped.  Sometimes simply popping it out and re-inserting may also help.

AllanaHawkes

I had no trouble with it, my friend purchased a public mobile sim for his new iPad and I was just showing him how to remove and put in a sim, as he had never done it before. 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Surest test for the SIM itself is to try it in another unlocked phone.

To recover access to your account, follow Lieau's suggestion to contact the moderators.

What is make/model of your phone in case someone has more specific advice.

Meanwhile, if you need to make phone calls try an application like that from fongo.com (or Hangouts). It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi (or on cellular data).

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

I'm sorry for you @AllanaHawkes

why did you take it out?? Is it because you had trouble with it? Are you in your renewal date???

You can write a message to the moderator for help...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage

and explain what happened....wait 1 or 2 days they will help youSmiley Happy

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

Try taking it out again, restart your phone, then put it back in. If that doesn't work try taping the sim down with a small piece of tape to improve the connection. If your phone is a dual SIM try the other slot.

Is there any chance you damaged the SIM when you took it out?

Need Help? Let's chat.