cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Help!

Haha he’s afraid that it will mess his up too! I’m charging an old unlocked phone now to see if that will work, thank you!! 

Oracle

@AllanaHawkes What plan do you have? Login to your account to be sure it is correct and Active.

BTW: when you say texting works do you by chance mean iMessage? "Normal" SMS shows as green, iMessages are blue.

>>> ALERT: I AM NOT A MODERATOR. JE NE SUIS PAS MODERATEUR.

I’ve got a 1gig plan and everything is active. I just had my monthly renewal on the 1st. 

I am not able to login because I receive the message that my email isn’t recognized. I tried to create an account and it asks me to type in my phone number to receive an sms code. I can’t reciece an sms without a sim in my iPhone because it’s now running on wifi and I am only receiving iMessage. Kind of feel like it’s a rock and a hard place scenario haha! 

Oracle

It's your "Catch 22" day! Robot Sad

Hope it ends soon.

>>> ALERT: I AM NOT A MODERATOR. JE NE SUIS PAS MODERATEUR.
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@AllanaHawkes wrote:

I am not able to login because I receive the message that my email isn’t recognized. 

@AllanaHawkes if you keep all your e-mails (or at least >6 months worth, since you said you joined 6 months ago), can you search your mailbox for a message with the subject "Your Public Mobile Activation Details"?  If you can find it, then you'll see the message is sent "To" your PM account number, but if you're viewing in the native iOS mail app, you can tap on the number and you'll see which e-mail address the welcome message was sent to, and maybe that will get you on your way to logging into your account.

In any case, did you try cleaning the contacts so they're nice and shiny and gold coloured, and re-inserting?  I've found that a few of my iPhones have reported "No SIM Card Inserted" when the SIM card is a bit dirty, or perhaps weren't seated just right in the tray.

It doesn't hurt to spend $10 and keep a spare SIM card handy just in case, for instances like this.  Of course, that's only useful if you can get into your account in the first place!

Glad you're taking this in stride to work towards a solution.  I know it's frustrating!  Once you get service back up, I recommend downloading a free app called Voico, since you can at least use it to call out (on WiFi or cellular data) with your phone number showing up in the Caller ID.

Yes I have the initial email and it’s the same email address that I am using to login so I’m not sure why it won’t recognize it....very odd! I have also shined up the SIM card and tried multiple times with restarting the phone and using tape on the SIM as suggested, still no luck! 

I do have an extra SIM card but, as you said, I need to be able to get into my account in order to use it anyhow. 

A lesson in exercising patience is never a bad thing right?! Smiley Happy

Mayor / Maire

@AllanaHawkes wrote:

Yes I have the initial email and it’s the same email address that I am using to login so I’m not sure why it won’t recognize it....very odd! I have also shined up the SIM card and tried multiple times with restarting the phone and using tape on the SIM as suggested, still no luck! 

I do have an extra SIM card but, as you said, I need to be able to get into my account in order to use it anyhow. 

Just for clarity...the tape idea is on the back of the card...not the contacts. And it's for if the card has some wiggle room so as to tighten it in the slot. Like a shim.

I know...obvious...but things sometimes need to be clear.

Haha yep, I got that!

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@AllanaHawkes wrote:

I have also shined up the SIM card and tried multiple times with restarting the phone and using tape on the SIM as suggested, still no luck! 

Any luck on using the SIM card in your spare/old unlocked phone that you were charging up?

With your extra SIM ... if you insert it into your iPhone, it should show "No Service", but not "No SIM Card Inserted".  Is that the case?  Just looking for further affirmation that your old SIM card may have gotten damaged.  It happens; these are considered consumables...

Yes that’s exactly what it shows! And when I put it in the other phone it showed no sim still, so I now know from that, my old sim is damaged. I’m wondering if I put an active sim from someone else’s device in my phone and attempt a login to my account, do you think the sms come through to me?