cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with topup voucher

snj990
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I bought a sim from in store and the attendant gave me a $10 top up voucher as well (which I didn't ask for, but oh well). Thought I would be able to use it, but I can't since you can't pay half with voucher and half credit card. I paid $20 using my credit card for the 250mb plan, and I was wondering if there is any way staff can help me apply the $10 pin to my account and refund me $10 back to my card. Would be much appreciated! @Moderator_Team 

14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@snj990 wrote:

I paid for it. The dude who sold it added a $10 “pin” to my SIM wothout asking and I assumed I would be able to use it so didn’t put up a fuss. The dude claiming i’m trying to get free “$10”, what a laugh lmfao

Not sure who you're replying to but that's different information from what you first seemed to say.

There's also some misunderstanding of terminology going on.

So...what all out of pocket are you? Actual, real, pulled-out-of-wallet money did you hand over the counter? (credit, debit, cash)

Then...what all goods and services did you walk away from that counter with in your hands?

snj990

Nope, paid

snj990

I paid for it. The dude who sold it added a $10 “pin” to my SIM wothout asking and I assumed I would be able to use it so didn’t put up a fuss. The dude claiming i’m trying to get free “$10”, what a laugh lmfao

Anonymous
Not applicable

@fanfan

I interpret the OP as saying that he got the voucher as a freebie gift which would have been a store-only offer. Nice of the store but not a PM promo.

fanfan
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Depending on which retailer your purchased the voucher from and the amount of time that passed, you may be able to refund even though most store policies say that prepaid vouchers are non-refundable. London Drugs system accommodates a refund proces where the voucher pin has to be typed in to verify it hasn’t been used by the customer. If the voucher pin is still valid the point of sale will allow the refund and the pin no longer works if you were to try using it later. 

Also, PM system does allow for split payments and does allow a voucher to be added and then the rest to be paid by credit card. 

@snj990 wrote:

I bought a sim from in store and the attendant gave me a $10 top up voucher as well (which I didn't ask for, but oh well). Thought I would be able to use it, but I can't since you can't pay half with voucher and half credit card. I paid $20 using my credit card for the 250mb plan, and I was wondering if there is any way staff can help me apply the $10 pin to my account and refund me $10 back to my card. Would be much appreciated! @Moderator_Team 

"Gave" you or sold to you?

Did you actually pay for that $10 voucher, or was included for free?  If it was included for free, I cannot see you receiving a refund under any circumstances. 

If you did pay the $10 for that voucher, why did you not question the retailer when you paid for it, or even refused to just pay for it?  Your best opportunity to get $10 back if you didn't want it would have been at immediately after the purchase, and I would say that would have been on you and the store.

You can try to ask the Public Mobile moderators but there are no guarantees.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@snj990 wrote:

So you were prepared to pay the $10 for the SIM and you were prepared to pay the $20 for the plan. Then out of the blue you get an unexpected gift. Now you want to force the matter and get value for a freebie gift. Hmm

I would go back and talk to the guy in the store and see if you can get a $10 bill instead.

Or shrug your shoulders and think "oh well...it's not like I paid for it with real money...it was a gift" and call it a day.

@snj990 Offered to buy it from you, if you take paypal, or interac/tangerine email money transfer check your private messages.

Also can do cryto currency (but transaction fees come out of your end)

But try your luck with the mods first, use me as a last resort if you are going to throw it in the garbage.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Well you can send a private message to the moderator team.  But with all honesty I would not expect anything. 

@snj990

If you only using for one month, you are probably out of luck.  Public Mobile rarely issues refund since it is a prepaid account.  

Maybe you can sell your credit voucher to another public mobile customer in your area (? friend) for the $10.  

snj990

I will not be renewing. I want to use it once while I am in the country. I literally just want help from a staff member to apply the voucher and refund me $10 back to my card, but this company doesn't have phone support either...

popping

@snj990 wrote:

You can use the topup voucher to pay second renewal after the free first renewal.  Refund may take a few months.

snj990

I can't I will only be using the sim for one month. That's why ideally if I can get a staff member to apply the pin to my account and refund my card I would like that

mimmo

Best thing to do is just use the voucher it will become available funds and it will be used on your next renewal. 

Need Help? Let's chat.