cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with New Account Setup - Need Admin Help!

jonnyh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I use Public Mobile no issues.

yesterday, I went to sign my wife up - but had to abandon the setup due to time issue. Today, I went to re-start the new account setup process and it won't let me.  When I enter in my wife's current phone number, it tells me she already has a profile. But when I try to do a password reset, it says she doesn't have a profile with her email address.  It seems I'm stuck in between somewhere. I would like to re-start the process of signing up and porting her number ASAP. 

10 REPLIES 10

Tav
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@nikunj4 wrote:

@jonnyhDue to the Fall Promo which was a great unexpected success. MODs have been busy trying to resolve issues for people who are having network issues.

I had very similar issue as you. I registered and my card was charged, but I could not log-in to Self-Serve and when I tried to reset password it said account doesn't exist. I just PM'ed a MOD and within 24 hrs the issue was resolved.

Try the create account option. It seems when the activation doesn't complete full it doesn't create a profile. I had to do so for mine. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@hans1954  are you sure your iphone is unlocked?  It was only last year that phones started to be sold unlocked.  If this is infact the case your only option is to call rogers and have them unlock it for you. 

cin7
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@hans1954

Only the mods can look into your account and address the issue. This is a public forum, so please remove your account # for safety/security.

Click on the envelope icon on the top right corner of the Community page to send a private message to the Moderator_Team.

They will contact back via Private Message with further instructions.

Good luck!

hans1954
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just set up Public Moblie account on iphone 5se, switching over from Rodgers, is compatable with Public Sim card but phone says that Sim is not supported??? Account: 10000001577171

Thank you for your Help with this matter. Hans Sahlen

nikunj4

@jonnyhDue to the Fall Promo which was a great unexpected success. MODs have been busy trying to resolve issues for people who are having network issues.

I had very similar issue as you. I registered and my card was charged, but I could not log-in to Self-Serve and when I tried to reset password it said account doesn't exist. I just PM'ed a MOD and within 24 hrs the issue was resolved.

jonnyh

Oh...wow. 24 hours!! That's insane. LOL.  I was expecting a few minutes. Under an hour at least...

If they're going to replace real tech support with this "community" I'm thinking they might need to be a bit faster than this...

Thanks for your help.

Response time is not quite back to normal, but I expect you will have a response within 24 hours.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

jonnyh

Thank you. How quickly do these things get taken care of? It's odd not having someone to call - so I'm assuming that I won't have to wait too long to get an answer? 

If you abandon activation after Step 1 the SIM card is flagged as activated. So, you become stranded. Only a moderator can repair it. In this situation include the affected SIM card number in your private message to them.

You will be working with a moderator now, but may find this post useful reading: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/BE-PREPARED/m-p/112014#M20827

Welcome aboard. Robot Happy

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

@jonnyh  Send a private message to the moderators with all your issues and account details.  They will be albe tl help get you fixed up.  @Shazia_K

Need Help? Let's chat.