cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help sim not working

Judelina
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I got a new lg s5 lg-h831 anf i put my sim in this phone that i had in my iphone but i cant get it to work can anyone help me with this please

13 REPLIES 13

Judelina

Im having issues using internet with my g5 as well did you figure it out uet

@Judelina wrote:

Yes i did factory reset twice

Did you check the APN? Go into settings. The settings will be in network settings.

Judelina

Yes i did factory reset twice

Judelina

Ok im not sure what to do when i get to set up apn

@Judelina wrote:

I got it working i had to.call company and get it unlocked but i still dont have my interbet working. Ive done all the resets and stuff and i.can.only use data on wifi any suggestion??

You need to set APN settings if they are wrong. Look here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/How-do-I-set-up-data-APN-on-my-smartp...

Did you try the factory reset when you were trying to get it to work?

Judelina

I got it working i had to.call company and get it unlocked but i still dont have my interbet working. Ive done all the resets and stuff and i.can.only use data on wifi any suggestion??

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@geopublic wrote:

@Judelina  There is a known issue with some LG model phones G5 in particular that need to be reset in order for them to work. If you don't mind resetting your phone just make sure you backup all required info before doing so.

@geopublic this issue only affects data.  @Judelina, are you able to call and text?  If so, then yes you need to try a network reset, and if that doesn't work, a factory reset.

On the other hand, if nothing is working for you:  (1) could the phone be blacklsited?  (2) could it be locked to another provider?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Judelina wrote:

I got a new lg s5 lg-h831 anf i put my sim in this phone that i had in my iphone but i cant get it to work can anyone help me with this please

Please check your phone model again.

LG G5 has the model lg-h831 - not the LG s5.

LG G5 should work with PM.

1.  Do a network reset 

2.  Restart your phone and make sure your phone is not in airplane mode and enable date.

Report result

Edit:

I have a LG G5 H831 which I purchased from Koodo. It should work with PM.

JackQuint
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Before resetting the entire phone, try resetting the network settings first ... will save you some setup time. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Judelina wrote:

@Judelina  There is a known issue with some LG model phones G5 in particular that need to be reset in order for them to work. If you don't mind resetting your phone just make sure you backup all required info before doing so.

Nany192
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

As say by @ chelsealzl

Have you checked your phone's compatibility? 

If yes   

Do you check the network settings? Otherwise when your sim card is properly inserted, you can check in your phone settings, cellular networks to make sure the network is good with mobile public.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

if you haven't tried already take your sim out and flip it around then reboot your phone it may help

chelsealzl
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Have you checked your phone's compatibility?
Need Help? Let's chat.