cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help plz

Jamusrowe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I really want to port my old number from Koodo but it won’t let me can anyone plz help 

2 REPLIES 2

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@Jamusrowe wrote:

I really want to port my old number from Koodo but it won’t let me can anyone plz help 

Welcome,

Do you have you self serve account set up with PM or are you trying to port during setup?

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Jamusrowe wrote:

Is it koodo PRE PAID? Is the account currently active and in good standing?

If this is prepaid, Koodo and PM are using the same back end so their automated number porting system is treating prepaid as the same provider. So you can get an error with the "Check eligibility".  You can get a temp number now and get it switch later. There are also problems like using the same e-mail address as your koodo account. I suggest sending off a message to the moderator team as they will be able to access your specific account information. Click this to send them a message

For Koodo Postpaid with a temporary number. Your Koodo account must be active at the time of porting.  Go to Public Mobile self-serve, and click change phone # (Under plans I think). Enter the number you want to change to and the name on your account (exactly). Click I am authorized. If it fails message moderator team Click this to send them a message

Once the port is successful, nothing is required from your end.  Your Koodo account will automatically close, and they should send you a prorated bill.  The temporary number you got from Public Mobile will be deactivated, and your account will then work with the ported number.

It may take some time for all of your network features, data, calls, sms, etc to work. Every 10-20 minutes remove your battery / restart your phone. If it takes more than 2 hours one of the moderators can take a look and see if they need to do something to move it along.  Click this to send them a message

When interacting with the moderator team, it is important to identify yourself with account PIN code, phone number / account number and provide as much information about the problem in question as possible so that the moderator team can work on the issue without having to ask for further information.  Each interaction causes further delays to problem resolution. 

I know it can be a little frustrating to wait but they will get back to you asoon as they can between Monday-Friday 9am-9pm (EDT) and Saturday-Sunday 9AM-7:30PM (EDT). It typically should be within 48 hours.

For more information about contacting a moderator Click Here

Need Help? Let's chat.