cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help please

Chelsea12
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ugh frustrating so I activated my daughters SIM card & used my email address for her account I chose a plan added the voucher the plan didn’t go through the pin I added in isn’t working I’ve added two $25 voucher cards & won’t let me log in to see her account & won’t work through the phone when I dial *611 to add a plan

So she has $50 on her SIM card but it seems useless cause I can’t sign in on the account let alone add a plan cause the pin isn’t working ugh

Public mobile out the company we are with & the **bleep**ty part is can’t even call to figure this out 

also I have actually used my email address to activate my own account then changed my SIM card after awhile so list my account some how it wouldn’t let me sign in again so I figured it’d be ok for my daughter to use it to activate her SIM card 

23 REPLIES 23

ccdevmike
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Chelsea12 

Happy to hear its fixed

Chelsea12

Thanks I know now lol 

Chelsea12

This issue was totally resolved thanks 

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I've been there and the short answer is you may not use the same email on more then one account. I suggest that you create separate email aliases to use on each account and thus you would still get details on each account in your favourite email inbox.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

@Chelsea12 

Ate you using Gmail?

If yes you can ask mods to change your daughters login from your user@gmail to user+daughter@gmail. Both will receive all emails in the original mailbox for user@gmail

Chelsea12

That link helped me with my daughters account as well as my own thanks so very much 

@Chelsea12  If both accounts have the same email address. To fix this issue so both accounts have a different email address. Only the moderators that work for public mobile can do this.

You need to contact them at link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Provide all the details you can, phone number, email address, etc. In your private message to them. 

They are the only ones that can fix this. You will not be able to do it on your own.  They will get you guys all set up.

Standard response time is 24/48 hours but usually much quicker. Keep an eye out on your inbox. The envelope top rightish on these forums. That's where they will respond back to you.

Chelsea12

Thanks so much for the link to create an account for my daughter it worked 

Chelsea12

Sorry it’s really difficult to type this out & make any sense if it.

yes my daughter & I are currently using my email address & my phone is however still working. 

My daughters phone is now working texts/calls as mine is as well.

still difficult to log online I know how as I’ve been with this company for a few years I’ve just never had any problems at all 

Chelsea12

Thanks for the quick responses 

I did Panic you at first your very helpful 

appreciate the responses very helpful 

thanks good night 

Chelsea12

How do I create a new account for her with her current number she has right now? Like a new email address? 

Chelsea12

Ok thanks 

@Chelsea12 

There's many things not adding up of what you first posted to what you are saying now.

First publicmobile.ca is currently down.

You can still get in the self serve account via this link

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/

Secondly. You said you tried to activate a sim card and were not able to add a plan.

The system would not have let you activate a sim card and add money to a new activation without a plan being selected.

You then said the SIM card has $50 on it. Then another reply was "thankfully there is $25 on it already".

So please answer these questions 

1 - From what I gather in your writing you have two accounts yours and your activated an account for your daughter. 

Is this correct? 

2- You said you used your email address for your daughter's account. The system does not let you have two accounts with the same email address.

Are you saying both accounts have the same email address?

3- What is your plan and is your phone working as it should? 

4- Can you log into your account via this link?.  https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/

5- What plan did you try to activate for your daughter?

6 - When you use your daughter's phone does anything work? It seems like something does as you mentioned 611.

7 - Can your text/call from your daughter's phone to your phone or vice versa? Does that work?

8 - If both accounts were created with the same email address you cannot fix this yourself. You wrote "hopefully I can get this fixed when I can log into the account". You will not be able to resolve this yourself and only moderators who work for Public Mobile and have access to your accounts can resolve this situation. You need to contact them at link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

9 - We need a clear understanding of what exactly is going on to assist you. So if you can answer the questions I asked it will be helpful for us to determine your issue.

From the sound of things currently. You tried to create two accounts with the same email address. Now you're having issues with everything because of that. 

Let us know. Thanks!

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Chelsea12 The problem is because the same e-mail address was used as your account. All the service is working but not the online account? Moderators have to fix this.

ccdevmike

Yup don't panic as there is so much help online here! Tomorrow there will be more help for you as well! 

Good night

ccdevmike

Try it tomorrow as parts of the website seem to be down. Not sure but it maybe be part of your issue. 

Chelsea12

Ok hopefully I can get this fixed later on once I can log in to the account 

ccdevmike

@Chelsea12 

Please confirm both accounts are using different email address.

Thanks

Chelsea12

Thanks so much 

Chelsea12

Yes I do. I shut off my daughters phone & turned it back on it is however activated but it won’t let me log in on the account ive added the password I created for the account and it’s not working also the 4 digit pin won’t work when I call the *611 so I won’t be able to add minutes again thankfully have $25 on it already 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Chelsea12  sorry for all the trouble you are going through.

Take note all support is online at Public Mobile there is no call support. This is mentioned on their website before you even join.

Also each account needs its own email address and sim card. You can't have two accounts under the same email address.

I am not sure when you tried activating but for the last few hours it appears that their website is down. Maybe unplanned maintenance. It may have affected your signup process.

You are going to have to reach out to the moderators (they work at public mobile)

There are two ways to reach them and I would suggest you use option 2. As you are already having difficulties I would hate to see you get more frustrated trying to open a ticket through the chat bot. There is a way to open tickets through the chat bot if you can't access your account , etc but it's best you just do number 2.

1- 

Simon.JPG

2- Use this one. Click link below to send a private message to the moderators.

Take note the standard response time is 24/48 hours but they're usually much quicker. They will write back to your inbox. The envelope top rightish on these forums.

Sorry for the inconvenience you are experiencing and I hope they resolve your issues quickly.

ccdevmike

@Chelsea12 

Is your email already used for your own account? This may be a conflict when using your email to setup your daughters account. 

Need Help? Let's chat.