cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help please. Unable to receive important business calls

Chanty
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have received e mails stating people are unable to contact me by phone.  

I went into a business office I deal with and got 2 people from 2 different phones to call my number.

The phone goes to an automated msg saying

we are unable to reach the contact at this time  please check the number and try your call again!   Mean while I got a phone call from a friend while at the office.  

Who knows how many calls I have missed.  I have already turned phone off and restarted it.  

please help.   

10 REPLIES 10

sulagok
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Chanty, do you see missed call ot receive voice message even when you do not receive the calls?

Similar experience happened to me just before I joined PM, that my friends will call me and only those that called 2ce within few minetes will ring on my phone. I joined PM thinking it was network problem but the issue continued.

I later realized that I had activated "do not disturb" on my phone unknowingly, though fortunate the setting was at "except repeated call withing 3min".

You may want to check your phone setting to eliminate any self unknowingly initiated error.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Chanty forgive me if this is a dumb question, but have you rebooted your phone recently?  If not, please power it off, let it sit for 30 seconds or so, then power it back on, and ask someone to try calling you.  Stranger things have definitely happened to phones that haven't been power cycled in a long time.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

tbark
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

If you have a Porting issue, please also include:

• The number you want to port, PM sim number, old account number, old account name exacly as on bill

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time] from 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

When you signed up with PM, which plan did you sign up for ? Is it possible you've run out of talk minutes ?

@Chanty wrote:

I signed with PM in June or July. It’s a new number  and I was just notified within the last 2 week that I am not able to receive calls.  

I can send and receive texts most of the time.   

Data usage is running out  much quicker now as most I msgs need data or wifi for me to COmmunicate.   I live in Port Coquitlam  and the number was purchased in Abbotsford.   But there’s a few people who have notified me they can not call me.  

Ahh, Abbotsford number being used in Port Coquitlam. There is a possibility that your number is considered as local call for some people with Local Calls service. Tell them to dial 1 in front of your number. However, they might get charged extra. 

Chanty

I signed with PM in June or July. It’s a new number  and I was just notified within the last 2 week that I am not able to receive calls.  

Data usage is running out  much quicker now as most I msgs need data or wifi for me to COmmunicate.   I live in Port Coquitlam  and the number was purchased in Abbotsford.   But there’s a few people who have notified me they can not call me.  

Chanty

Data usage is running out as most I msgs need data or wifi for me to communicate.   

austinhuang
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Forewarning: You should NOT use Public Mobile as a business phone. Many people has suffered missing important calls.

• Test: Can you call others? Can you text others? Can you receive texts? Do you have signal? Ask someone to call you right now and can you receive it?
  • Check: Is my phone paid?
  • Recall: At the time of the call, where are you? Do you have signal?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Chanty, is this a new line or did the problem just start happening?  Was there a number port involved if it is a new line?  Does data and text work or nothing works?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Chanty are you sayign some call work and some do not?

are you a new customer? old customer?  did you port a number? 

it does sound like an account issue and only mods can deal with that.

what does your account status say?

the above are simply some troubleshooting questions.

Need Help? Let's chat.