cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Moderator please.

kylefrankie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My most important public mobile client ( My mom ) has forgotten their log-in information, I have 6-7 people I help manage with their public mobile accounts; and I have also misplaced her information.

Recently her payment method has changed; and she is unable to update her card on file.

Please assist me with getting her account unlocked for me; therefore, I can assist her with changing the card details, and re-instate her public mobile service.

Thank you very much for your time, and efforts on this matter!

Sincerely;

Kyle Frank.

19 REPLIES 19

MommaBear

Thank you - that helped a lot!  🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MommaBear : Without saying anything personal...why? Try this site. Find the area code and then you'll get the list of prefixes and then you'll see who "owns" it.

MommaBear

Can an Admin/Moderator please contact me.  I need to know if a phone number is listed with Public Mobile.  I'd rather have a private message thank you.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kylefrankie wrote:

either way she will need to reactivate account to port her number out... I have dealt with all of the companies; and public mobile is the best company hands down. I want my mom to have the best. She doesn't care what she gets as long as the price is good. And for the price public mobile offers... There is no competition whatsoever, sorry.

I hear you.

Since you are the only person who knows something about PM and your mother's account.  Create a Create a moderator support ticket to reset her acclount password using https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.  Tell SIMon what is the issue (important) - Use "forget password and answer to security question"

After submitted a ticket, you should check their private message SENT folder for the ticket which they just created.
If you cannot find your ticket in your SENT box, You did not create your support ticket yet. Also monitor your INBOX for any reply from moderator.
Click the envelop icon at the top right corner to access your private message mailbox.

Good luck and remember her password, answer to her security question etc.  Also tell you mother to ask you instead a stranger to fix her PM problem.

@kylefrankie wrote:

either way she will need to reactivate account to port her number out... I have dealt with all of the companies; and public mobile is the best company hands down. I want my mom to have the best. She doesn't care what she gets as long as the price is good. And for the price public mobile offers... There is no competition whatsoever, sorry.

I like your passion, @kylefrankie 

You're correct with respect to the porting of the number - however PM would enable the port if you were to simply make contact advising them the port to Chatr is legitimate and they can enable it.   This can happen if staying with Chatr is a choice you want to make.

If you (& Mom) really want to get the PM service going again, gotta get a PM SIM card, get the Moderators to reinstate the self-serve access so you can arrange payment to reactivate the account, then make another Moderator contact to provide the new SIM card number such that they may associate the new SIM card with her PM service.

During this process, DO NOT agree to any port requests that you may get to Chatr, because if you do, the port will go through and the PM account will permanently deactivate.

kylefrankie

@kylefrankie 

Does your Mom WANT to go back to Public Mobile, or do you think she'll be happy with Chatr?   There's not a whole lot of difference, really.

Ultimately, unless your Mom's Public Mobile account was active for a long time and she has lots of Loyalty Rewards -OR- she was on a grandfathered plan which is something worth going back to (and not be allowed to permanently deactivate) it's really not a huge deal, is it?

@kylefrankie wrote:

oh, no. She's staying with public. There's no better provider.

@kylefrankie , if she was deactivate/suspended the port should not have gone through to chatr.

The Moderators should be able to see this and reject it (i am guessing). Are you near where your mother is to go to Walmart and put up a fuss? They owe her a PM SIM card.

kylefrankie

oh, no. She's staying with public. There's no better provider.

@kylefrankie wrote:

Very well deduced... There was a port attempt; however, since her account is in inactive status, The port cannot be completed.

I'm afraid that they will resend port request after activation; so I wanted to bring it up.

But can I change the current number to a different sim card? she has had hers thrown in the garbage by the Walmart kiosk agent for some odd reason.

SO, it is too bad they tossed the SIM card.   You should have her go back and DEMAND they supply her a FREE Public Mobile SIM card if they're unable to locate the one they discarded.  (yah, if it were me, I'd insist they look through their garbage if the bin is unemptied - seriously)

Thing is - since she activated with another provider, at this juncture she should first choose whether she wants to remain with Chatr, or go though some hoops to regain the Public Mobile service.

Regardless of her choice, I would demand that Wal-mart provide assistance throughout this.

@kylefrankie wrote:

Very well deduced... There was a port attempt; however, since her account is in inactive status, The port cannot be completed.

I'm afraid that they will resend port request after activation; so I wanted to bring it up.

But can I change the current number to a different sim card? she has had hers thrown in the garbage by the Walmart kiosk agent for some odd reason.

@kylefrankie ,

Obtain a new Public Mobile SIM card and request to have it swapped with the moderators when you contact them. Explain the situation that happened.

Once a payment is made they will be able to reinstate the account and number and they will also be able to swap the SIM card (keeping the number of course). 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well...your mother's a grown-up. Sounds like the ol' ash tray is full get a new car. Seriously...that's only a good solution to the access problem on behalf of the agent. Incredible.

kylefrankie

I really appreciate all of your help either way; Thank you so very much.

@kylefrankie wrote:

Ps. in the meantime; She went into walmart to try to get a Kiosk agent to get it working... The Kiosk agent ended up selling her a plan with chatr; and threw out her public mobile sim card.

Is there anything that can be done about this?

What should I be doing to remedy this issue?

@kylefrankie , oh dear.

Was this just recently, like today? Did they create an account with a new number or ported the PM number?

kylefrankie

@kylefrankie wrote:

Ps. in the meantime; She went into walmart to try to get a Kiosk agent to get it working... The Kiosk agent ended up selling her a plan with chatr; and threw out her public mobile sim card.

Oh boy.... so, if the Walmart staff PORTED her Public Mobile number to Chatr, then the Public Mobile account is completely deactivated.

Nothing can be done to restore the old Public Mobile account IF the number was ported out.

It is very troubling to know that's how Wal-Mart handled this.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@kylefrankie wrote:

My most important public mobile client ( My mom ) has forgotten their log-in information, I have 6-7 people I help manage with their public mobile accounts; and I have also misplaced her information.

Recently her payment method has changed; and she is unable to update her card on file.

Please assist me with getting her account unlocked for me; therefore, I can assist her with changing the card details, and re-instate her public mobile service.

Thank you very much for your time, and efforts on this matter!

Sincerely;

Kyle Frank.

Deleted as @HALIMACS has that covered.

Using 611 to make your payment by picking up a voucher: ( you need your 4 digit pin to buy an add on)
1. press 1 to make payment
2. press 2 credit card ( or 1 voucher)
3. press 1 amount due.
4. Restart your phone.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/pay-for-your-services-through-611

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@kylefrankie 

From her community account, here's how to contact Moderators:

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

kylefrankie

Need Help? Let's chat.