cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello customer service ! SIM SWAP

YYC99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hello customer service,

It is noticed that my account got hacked from usage history - someone used our phone number to make outgoing call. Can you look into that and get back to us? thanks.

Cheryl

11 REPLIES 11

@YYC99  do you still have service on your phone? incoming and outgoings calls no issue?  If so, it is not really SIM SWAP

So, you mentioned you checked PM Usage history and notice some suspicious outgoing numbers?  did the activity stop? Only happened around then time when you first opened the ticket, like 3 weeks ago?  or still going on?

do you mind to show us some print screen with the number?

YYC99

Guys, Two weeks have gone by, customer service team has followed up with fraud team unfortunately public fraud and privacy team is still not capable of finding out who has used my number to call out ...very disappointing !!!

@YYC99 if you have reason to believe there is suspicious  activity on your account, you may want to put your phone into lost/stolen mode and check all financials to be safe.

Not sure what Public Mobile can look into.

But for reference, to contact Moderators there are 2 methods found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

YYC99

No, they are not Telus voicemail number. I googled some numbers that associated with " foreign language. I wantto share those numbers but I am not certain it is appropriate from privacy perspective as Public team is conducting investigation...

I will certainly share the result. Hope more people could come together to fight these type of malicious criminal behaviors.

@YYC99 

iPhones make "calls" to their server when they are communucating with your phone's software. I will look up the number for you but this probably what you are seeing these won't be "charged" or counted against your minutes if you are on the $15 plan.

YYC99

yes

@YYC99 

Do you have an iPhone?

YYC99

thanks,  those identified numbers are not voicemail or my numbers

@YYC99 

As mentioned by @JK8 and @esjliv you are probably seeing your voicemail number which also means you probably have a voicemail. In your usage history it will not show you the phone number that called and it went to voicemail....instead it shows your phone number getting call forwarded to voicemail.

These calls do not count against outgoing minutes if you are on the $15 plan. You calling voicemail will count. This can be avoided by calling your phone # from another phone or a fongo app phone # and pressing * once you connect then enter your 4 digit voicemail pin # to access your voicemail.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@YYC99 wrote:

hello customer service,

It is noticed that my account got hacked from usage history - someone used our phone number to make outgoing call. Can you look into that and get back to us? thanks.

Cheryl

Hello @YYC99 ,

Numbers can be spoofed. It is possible someone spoofed yours. Meaning someone got a call but your number showed up on their call display. If this was the case, this is not hacking - just ANNOYING!

fyi - to add to @JK8 post, your voice mail number would show up with last 7 digits of 580-4001.

For reference - Voicemail Access Numbers:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-N...

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@YYC99 wrote:

hello customer service,

Cheryl

Could it be the Telus voicemail number you are seeing in history?

Need Help? Let's chat.