Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having issues with data any help would be fine

santosh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

8 REPLIES 8

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@santosh FYI this is the #1 cause of data suddenly stopping flowing.  This is how accounts work at Public Mobile--rather than your data continuing to flow and you getting an unwelcome overage bill later, it simply stops.  You basically have 3 options at this point:

1) Do nothing, and live without mobile data until your next renewal date, when your bucket will re-fill anyway.  You can always use public WiFi while out and about, if it's common in the areas your visit reguarly.

2) Purchase 1 or more data add-ons to bridge the gap to your next renewal.  

3) Make a manual top-up for your renewal amount and request an early renewal from the moderator team.  More on how to contact them here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Get-Help/ta-p/251745

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@santosh wrote:

I dont see anything on addons page about add 

i just see this thing saying you dont have any addons

It looks like you have used up all your data available on your plan. Did you not receive a text that you are running out? 

santosh

I dont see anything on addons page about add 

i just see this thing saying you dont have any addons

srlawren

@santosh please sign into your self-serve account and check two things on the Overivew page (the page you land on when you sign in):

1) Is your Account Status showing as "Active" or something else?

2) In the lower half of the page is a list of your data and add-ons.  Do you see your plan data listed there?  If yes, then you are fine on the account side, but if it's disappeared from here, then you have used all of your plan data.

Another simple thing to check is did you accidentally turn off mobile data in your phone's settings or quick-settings?  I've done this before, it's very easy to accidentally tap on the mobile data tile in quick settings.  Also:  have you rebooted recently?

EDIT: @ShawnC13 beat me again!  LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@santosh wrote:

Yes im existing customer data was working fine yesterday too

since morning it is not working 

If your data has stopped working there are a few things to check before contacting the Mods.

• Is mobile data turned on (silly statement but crazy things happen when playing with a phone)
    • Login to selfserve and on the main overview page (page you land on) look down into addons you should see remaining data there.  If it is not listed there you have used all of your plan data

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

santosh

Yes im existing customer data was working fine yesterday too

since morning it is not working 

srlawren

@santosh in addition to @ShawnC13's post, let me add a few questions:

1) did you just recently activate and you haven't gotten data working at all yet?  If so, what is your brand and model of phone?  Some brands/models require additional steps to configure after moving between providers.

2) or, are you an existing customer and your data was previoulsy working but has suddenly stopped?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

What have you done to try and fix it what is your issue has it ever worked?

Here is a great site to setup your APN and instructions on how to do it.  Find the APN Settings for Public Mobile here!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.