cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have data. No text or phone service

Rainman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

On my Note 5 I can use data but have no texting or calling even though I have unlimited US Canada when try using a phone it says I have no long distance add-ons I am in Penticton British Columbia could this be my APN settings

10 REPLIES 10

@Rainman wrote:

es I tried restarting pulling my sim and reinserting I tried wiping cache and all sorts of APN settings also after I bought $50 worth of minutes they were sending me messages saying that I needed to reload my account although I just done it half an hour earlier... I will try the lost phone trick and see what happens thank you

Any luck with the lost stolen phone trick?

Logon to your Self-Serve account. Report your phone as lost/stolen. Wait 5 minutes. Report the phone as found again. Restart your phone.

If it doesn't work, you may have to contact Moderator_team. Wait time varies up to 2+ days.

Rainman

My plan is the $50 unlimited calling us Canada with 8 gigs of data and I was also given an extra gig of data this month for loyalty whenever I try to make a phone call it just says that I have no long distance calling add ons

@RainmanIs this a new activation? What happens if you swap your SIM card into another known working phone? What is your plan (is it a custom plan with data only, if you are on a plan with no service eg voice, adding add on minutes will not make it work)?

Rainman

es I tried restarting pulling my sim and reinserting I tried wiping cache and all sorts of APN settings also after I bought $50 worth of minutes they were sending me messages saying that I needed to reload my account although I just done it half an hour earlier... I will try the lost phone trick and see what happens thank you

Rainman

Yes I tried restarting pulling my sim and reinserting I tried wiping cache and all sorts of APN settings also after I bought $50 worth of minutes they were sending me messages saying that I needed to reload my account although I just done it half an hour earlier

kelvarnsen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Obvious question but did you try restarting my phone? Sometimes if I go across to the US with no add on, then come back to Canada my data service will come back automatically but my phone/text connection requires a restart. Maybe you lost your connection at some point?

@Rainman wrote:

On my Note 5 I can use data but have no texting or calling even though I have unlimited US Canada when try using a phone it says I have no long distance add-ons I am in Penticton British Columbia could this be my APN settings

To add to the above, with absolute certainty, changing APN settings cannot help. Those settings aren't related to either calling or texting services.  This sounds like an account provisioning issue to me.

Is it a Data Only Plan? 

It seems like Province-wide Talk or Canada-wide Talk aren't available on the Plan.  Or that the device doesn't support Public Mobile (Telus) cellular frequencies. 

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Rainman wrote:

You can try the lost stolen phone trick.

Logon to your Self-Serve account. Report your phone as lost/stolen. Wait 5 minutes. Report the phone as found again. Restart your phone.

If this doesn't work, you may have to contact Moderator_team. Wait time varies up to 2+ days.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Rainman wrote:

@Rainman APN settings are used for data and since your data is working then I don't think that is the issue. For calling Public uses 3G make sure the preferred network is set to include LTE and UMTS.

Need Help? Let's chat.