cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard to use Plan Overview Site on Mobile

dannycdee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello!

I'm a happy Public Mobile user and don't have a lot to complain about at all, but I was just wondering if anyone else has had the same issue as myself in regards to using my mobile Device to view my usage on the Plan Overview page of your site. For some reason, my device seems unable to load your websitemost of the time. I have to come to my laptop to be able to see my usage 😕

My device is an iPhone 5S running iOS 11.3 and it works well, and I was using Safari to open your site page. If anyone else has this issue, feel free to share as well!

Thanks,

Dan

23 REPLIES 23

dannycdee

So sorry, I'm not a moderator!!

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I’ve never heard of anyone having a problem on older iOS devices. Maybe try updating to iOS 11.4, couldn’t hurt to clear your Safari history. 

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@dannycdee, do you have a VPN installed on our iPhone?  If so, try turning it off.

Alicia2

Hi, can you please help me access my account, I forgot my pin, my answer and password

Alicia2

Hi, I am still having trouble, no one is helping me, can Someone help me please

Alicia2

Please help me access my account

Alicia2

Please someone help me, this is taking way too long to access my account

Alicia2

Hi, I did reply and need help fast, I had a long working day and have to feed my children

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

@Alicia2, I'd gladly assist you with this matter. Please reply to the private message I just sent you. 

Cheers,

Aïssata

Alicia2

I am locked out of my account and can not change my password setting, I also want to change my method of payment

Not a problem 🙂

Iphone 5 should still be able to load a page quicker then 10 minutes I still think you should give another browser a shot.

You can also get a cpu usage monitor and check to really see if for some reason its using 100% of your cpu and there is a problem with a script / add-on.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@dannycdee No ptoblem here with iPHone SE on iOS 11.3.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

dannycdee

I actually just believe that it's incredibly slow to load. Hopefully Public Mobile will eventually make a mobile site but I know my phone is older too (being a 5S)

During this whole conversation I've left my phone (on data) to load the selfserve.publicmobile.ca page and as of just now it loaded, on Safari of all things 🙂 so it simply is that the site is perhaps too difficult for some older processors and just takes forever to load

Thanks @RobertQc  for all your help, maybe in the future Public Mobile can make a mobile-friendly site? (Maybe I can post that in ideas!)

@dannycdee wrote:

Well Safari has a blue bar that slowly "fills" across the top of the page. And the bar slowly inches forward but no, it never makes it more than halfway and none of the page shows generally. It could be a Safari scripting error that makes it problematic?

Ok give another browser a shot, firefox or chrome and see if it helps, if it does then you can go back and try to fix safari. But at the moment we are not sure safari is the problem.

dannycdee

Well Safari has a blue bar that slowly "fills" across the top of the page. And the bar slowly inches forward but no, it never makes it more than halfway and none of the page shows generally. It could be a Safari scripting error that makes it problematic?

After you try another browser - I would say once 10-15 seconds have gone by and it has not loaded, to give a "refresh" a try, once that much time passes it's unlikely to load, a time out should occur by then... is it a completely blank page or do you get part of the web page? Or Is it just for fetching your account stats?

If it ends up only safari was the issue, try clearing safari cache and the cookies related to public mobile

I do not use safari, but does it have a little spinning wheel to show its trying to access the page? Does that spinning wheel continue the entire 10 minutes or does it give up?

dannycdee

Actually usually it just shows that it's loading but never loads 😕 I've left it up to 10 minutes with my data which works for snapchat and any other thing or site!

Great give the other browser a shot and see if it helps.

Does that mean if you continue to refresh the page it will eventually work or it just takes a few extra seconds most of the time?

Very good suggestion. I agree it could be a lot more user friendly, I am always up for QOL updates! Cat Tongue

dannycdee

Yes thank you, I have done all you mentioned before. I will try a different browser to see if it helps, and otherwise I assume that it is mainly a load speed issue and perhaps Public Mobile could make their website mobile friendly (like with a mobile site) or at least that one page (Usage information/overview) could be made more accessible 🙂

@dannycdeeI am going to assume you have done a power cycle / doing a battery pull? (Press and hold the On/Off Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.) Most people never restart their phones if no help definitly give another browser a shot, I have noticed quite a few problems with different add on's and specific browsers opening specific pages 😕

If that still doesn't work with a more common browser, use a free proxy server to access the page and see if that corrects the problem which probobly won't if you say there is a problem on both wifi, and mobile data, but worth a shot

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try used a different browser internet 

if you  doesn't working  you need send a private message Click here 

In your message put it, please include .
- your account number , if you have it , or email address .
- your phone number and 4 digit PIN .
- your name .
- Detailed explanation of specific.
- them can help you a lot nice team service

Good Luck

dannycdee

@RobertQcYes actually when I use my mobile data it seems even more impossible to open the page. And it used to work on Safari occasionally but lately it's become never.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

Hey @dannycdee

Seems to be ok for me (although a little slow to load usually, regardless of where I access it from)

I tried it on my firefox, samsung internet and chrome (all on my phone and reproduced the same working result)

Do you notice a difference between mobile data and your wifi?

Have you tried another browser or only safarfi on your phone during the issues?

I am going to assume you have done a power cycle / doing a battery pull? (Press and hold the On/Off Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.) Most people never restart their phones if no help definitly give another browser a shot, I have noticed quite a few problems with different add on's and specific browsers opening specific pages 😕

If that still doesn't work with a more common browser, use a free proxy server to access the page and see if that corrects the problem which probobly won't if you say there is a problem on both wifi, and mobile data, but worth a shot for testing purpses.

Need Help? Let's chat.