cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*HELP* Changing plan!!!

Lee_Lee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Initially my plan renewed monthly on the 20th of each month. Never had a problem. Until today. Wasn't sure why I couldn't get on the internet or allow someone to use my hotspot. Then realized my phone was out of time. Which explains not receiving messages or calls. If the renewal date was changing, why didn't I get a text or message? That being said, my phone was suspended. I haave cancelled the auto-renewal and wanted to change my plan. I am unable to do that even though I put money on my account. I also can't wait for 3 days to have my phone up and working again.

So now what? 

10 REPLIES 10

@Lee_Lee, you should also leave AutoPay on, as you will then not have to worry about the date changing each month.  Let the service work they way it's meant to.

Also, if you wish to change your plan in the future, set up the change prior to your renewal, and use the "change on renewal date" option so that it is as smooth as possible.

The payment cycle is 30 days.  Public Mobile does not have monthly plans.  This is why the date *will* change in months with 31 or 28 (or 29) days.

I don't know how your Aug payment was the same date as your July payment, as July has 31 days.  August should have been the 19th, and September was correctly listed as the 18th.

This is more noticeable on a 90-day cycle, and you'll notice you will have 13 payments in your first full year of service as there are 5 (or 6) extra days beyond 12 30-day cycles.

Nothing strange is happening here... it's just not a monthly bill.  These are 30-day payments.

Lee_Lee

Screenshot_20180920-000315_RBC Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20180920-000323_RBC Mobile.jpg

This is what I meant when I said the same date the last 3 months. Now it's changed.

I still have not heard from anyone. 

So what if your phone wasn't working. Service wise. You'd have to wait for however many days for someone to get back to you? What if your means were only your cellphone, in which you coils T use?

Lee_Lee

Perfect!

Thank you so much! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dunkgirl wrote:

@Lee_Lee wrote:

I also can't wait for 3 days to have my phone up and working again.

So now what? 

Unfortunately you will have to wait for moderator assistance. Or download an app called FONGO if you have wifi for free calls.

Or you could run to the store, pay $10 for a sim and open up a new account, with a temporary number your new phone number will be working almost instantly, then transfer your old number to the new plan / or reactivate the old plan right before the new plan expires.

It's always best to leave your next cycles payment inside the account to prevent issues of non payment, even if you have auto pay set up it can fail.

@Dunkgirl- It is not possible to transfer numbers between PM accounts.  A number would need to be transfered to another provider, and then transfered back to the desired PM account.  Usually not worth the headache.

@Lee_Lee, once an account is suspended, the user (you) cannot change the plan.  Plan changes on suspended accounts can only be done by a moderator.  It's a limitation of the system.

lat34hat34
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I know your phone isn't suspended. I apologise if it came off that way, I meant your service haha.

Public Mobile's service is every 30 days, so if you don't pay near the 30 days or on the 30th day, your service becomes suspended (unless you do use auto renewal). The mods sometimes take a few days to reply but they should be able to help lift the suspension and fix your plan.

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Lee_Lee wrote:

I also can't wait for 3 days to have my phone up and working again.

So now what? 

Unfortunately you will have to wait for moderator assistance. Or download an app called FONGO if you have wifi for free calls.

Or you could run to the store, pay $10 for a sim and open up a new account, with a temporary number your new phone number will be working almost instantly then reactivate the old plan right before the new plan expires. or transfer your old number to the new plan @Anonymous thanks for info/

It's always best to leave your next cycles payment inside the account to prevent issues of non payment, even if you have auto pay set up it can fail.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Lee_Lee wrote:

Initially my plan renewed monthly on the 20th of each month. Never had a problem. Until today. Wasn't sure why I couldn't get on the internet or allow someone to use my hotspot. Then realized my phone was out of time. Which explains not receiving messages or calls. If the renewal date was changing, why didn't I get a text or message? That being said, my phone was suspended. I haave cancelled the auto-renewal and wanted to change my plan. I am unable to do that even though I put money on my account. I also can't wait for 3 days to have my phone up and working again.

So now what? 

Public mobile is not monthly, its per 30 days. The renewal is every 30 (or 90 days).

Lee_Lee

My phone isn't suspended.... My plan was because I hadn't transfered money, so it came back insufficient.

I messaged them as soon as this happened. Still no reply. 

lat34hat34
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It sounds like because the phone was suspended, that's why you didn't get a text message letting you know about your renewal date change,

As for not being able to change you plan, I would let the @CS_Agent know by sending them a private message HERE. They should be able to help fix your plan. 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.