cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generic Error - Plans and Addons

B12
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I've attempted to go to the Plans and Addons page through Self Serve a few times in the last few minutes and all I get is this..

Oh no!
It looks like something went wrong, but don’t panic.

Log out and then log back in again to continue. Or return to the Login Page.

As per the text, I'm not panicked. I am however disgruntled that this is happening. Self serve is, as far as I know, the only way to get anything done on a user's account so it should be up and working all the time.

Perhaps even more annoying than a broken function is that the error message doesn't detail anything about the error... only to try again. 🙄 I bet if the user was given some details about the actual error, the user could then tell staff what that error is, whether or not the staff already knows from their logs, and then we'd all be on the same page.

11 REPLIES 11

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@B12 it is what it is. pm can't fix it, Everytime they try, things get worse... there server is outdated and they are probably running on a 5mb connection or even slower 🤭. they would need to do a ground up overhaul, which is not going to happen. everyone will lose service if they tried. 

the best solution is to not leave things till the last minute. pm teaches people how to be responsible and manage their accounts by themselves. this is a good life skill to live by...

"if you fail to plan, you plan to fail"

my service is top notch! I have absolutely zero problems on my phone service (which is the most important)

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@B12 

Generic error is a catch all at the end of error translation logic.  If the error is not the expected by the programmers, it just give us the useless error message.

B12

@JoyLuck I got my situation sorted though my situation is small in comparison to the issues that lead to my situation, and perhaps anyone else who was attempting to do something on their account, online, and could not.

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. I know this is not your faults. It is Public Mobile's.

B12

@Nezgar There is fine print underneath the log in portal that says the website works best on Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer. I'm not saying I agree with it, that is what it says though. I do partially find it humorous that they mention Internet Explorer... what good is that other than to download the 2 other browsers? 😂

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

I've found the self serve site especially finicky using safari on an iPhone for things like entering payment voucher codes or buying add-ons. Using a desktop browser magically worked fine doing the exact same actions...

B12

These phone companies are like Louis Bloom from Nightcrawler.🤡

B12

@JoyLuck I'm not sure. I'd rather do what I need to do through the website.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@B12 

There are some functions when you dial 611. Would that help you out for now?

B12

@JoyLuck I tried this, same issue.

I appreciate your help and all, clearing the cache and cookies usually works for any website, and then switching browsers can also work but shouldn't be necessary.

I'd like to emphasize that these aren't "fixes" they are band aids. As customers, we deserve better service and that better quality service would entail a website that works properly and for staff and the customers to communicate better without any vagueness within the communication. You're giving your money to a company and you should expect good service regardless of how much money it is you give. (This directed at Public Mobile and hopefully customers agree)

My two cents.

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@B12 

I can understand your frustration with this. I experience slow login times when I try to sign in a few times. I was able to reproduce your issue, so it looks like it’s a problem on their side. I’m sure someone has brought it to the attention of a mod but if you need to change your plan right away then contact a mod so you don’t miss out on a good plan:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@B12 

Clear your browser cache/history/cookies. Close browser and open a new browser in incognito/private mode. Also, you can try a different browser.

Need Help? Let's chat.