cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frozen web site pages

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Dear Community,

Is it just me....and my special technology-mangling powers that experiences every page on the main website freezing as soon as I touch it. Doesn't matter how I get there...through a link, asking a question, from Google and don't even let me see Simon on those pages. Frozen for longer periods of time each time I access. Makes it extremely frustrating to try and search,find an article or click on anything . A map, plans categories it all freezes except the search or question bar...that will allow me to type once the page unfreezes for a moment. I can only hit go on my keyboard not on the screen. I've even tried during quiet times hoping to copy to my clipboard helpful info to paste in posts and it's a nightmare. If you haven't noticed already....its far easier and faster for me to disseminate the info and one finger type it than to wait out the frozen tundra  of the website. I have referred people to look things up here and maybe they think I'm sentencing them to a Siberian labour camp for asking a question easily referenced in the help pages...really not much help to me at the moment. And well if it's just me I understand. My mere presence has crashed bank computers, frozen London drugs activation sites and rendered government computers to the circle of death. Oh geez the public mobile site hasn't gotten more glitchy since I switched has it?!!? Oops!

6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

Dear Community,

Is it just me....and my special technology-mangling powers that experiences every page on the main website freezing as soon as I touch it. Doesn't matter how I get there...through a link, asking a question, from Google and don't even let me see Simon on those pages. Frozen for longer periods of time each time I access. Makes it extremely frustrating to try and search,find an article or click on anything . A map, plans categories it all freezes except the search or question bar...that will allow me to type once the page unfreezes for a moment. I can only hit go on my keyboard not on the screen. I've even tried during quiet times hoping to copy to my clipboard helpful info to paste in posts and it's a nightmare. If you haven't noticed already....its far easier and faster for me to disseminate the info and one finger type it than to wait out the frozen tundra  of the website. I have referred people to look things up here and maybe they think I'm sentencing them to a Siberian labour camp for asking a question easily referenced in the help pages...really not much help to me at the moment. And well if it's just me I understand. My mere presence has crashed bank computers, frozen London drugs activation sites and rendered government computers to the circle of death. Oh geez the public mobile site hasn't gotten more glitchy since I switched has it?!!? Oops!

I mostly use FF. I have several add-ons and security and anti-tracking things going. If something doesn't work quite right then I use Edge (W10). I have found that this site does sometimes have a hold-up of I guess something running or processing something and it sits there for a while. It gets going eventually.

@Jb456 wrote:

You're using the google search bar or did you actually download the google chrome app?

Either way you could first ensure that it's up to date.

You could go into app settings and clear the cache. 

Could also try force stopping the app and restarting it..or uninstall /reinstall.

@Jb456 @DL888  I always clear my browser history before I log in to the site...went in cleared the app cache but something wrong with chrome app in won't load and it's preventing Firefox loading as well. Reset my Google passwords so I could verify but just not working. So rather than continue to frustrate myself I'm just giving up for now. I'll try again later...Ive been dealing with frozen pages for a month another day won't kill me. Still prefer my brain for computing and storage. Any kind of language does not process well up there I've learned to accept it. Will regroup and keep you updated.

DL888
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have no issues on my end. Try cramming your browser cache...hope that helps.

Stay safe

Galaxy s2    Google search engine

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Stay safe

Need Help? Let's chat.