Probert24
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Email sent to reset password.

Received no Email!

Need to log in to account!!!!

10 REPLIES 10

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I shan't hold my breath!! But I shan't forget my password either!!

GC

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Saying bad things about the password reset officially seems like an admission of guilt.  It took a bit of effort to simply note in the knowledge base that the password reset is under construction.  

All is not doom and gloom.  A fix is apparently imminent.  No breath holding please.

GreatCanadian

Same church different pew Smiley Very Happy

jp2

Sorry I didn't write that clearly. There wouldn't be a field to write a question in so all the customer could do is send a private message to the mods with their info. The message the mods would see is password reset required and the customers info. No time wasted messaging back and forth or reading a poorly written question 

GreatCanadian

How would that work any differently? Whatever is used would be abused for that matter.

GC

jp2

@GreatCanadian wrote:

@mimmo And perhaps if they do as you suggest (link to contact mods), those specific redirects could be prioritized. In other words, if a customer clicks on your suggested link, the subject line of the private message could automatically be inserted as Password Reset (or something similar). Then the mods could quickly act on those. As long as the customer provides the necessary info, the mods could reset the password, and notify the customer. Mod only needs to contact customer one single time.

GC

Can't do that otherwise everyone that needed to contact mods would start using that link if they got priority. Then the mods would have to filter through every message.

What might work is the link goes to a page with fields such as number, Account number, etc. That will only be sent to mods if the required fields are completed 

GreatCanadian

@mimmo And perhaps if they do as you suggest (link to contact mods), those specific redirects could be prioritized. In other words, if a customer clicks on your suggested link, the subject line of the private message could automatically be inserted as Password Reset (or something similar). Then the mods could quickly act on those. As long as the customer provides the necessary info, the mods could reset the password, and notify the customer. Mod only needs to contact customer one single time.

GC

jp2

@mimmo wrote:

@Alan_K, @Brooke_C .I know you are actively trying to fix the password reset. Why can you not temporarily remove the feature and replace with a page stating that it does not work and with  a link and instructions to on contacting mods. Everyday there are at least two people requesting the password.  This is a simple idea that would save lots of fustration.

If you can't edit the password page there are easy ways of redirecting traffic to a temporary page until the solution is found.

Or at least  please explain why your precious  customers must face countless hours waiting to reset their password, and in fustration turn to the community to be told that the feature has not worked for over a year and to contact mods to reset it.

Are you getting tired of saying Gb the same things 5 times a day Smiley Tongue At least you get lots of easy bravos and solutions lol

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Alan_K, @Brooke_C .I know you are actively trying to fix the password reset. Why can you not temporarily remove the feature and replace with a page stating that it does not work and with  a link and instructions to on contacting mods. Everyday there are at least two people requesting the password.  This is a simple idea that would save lots of fustration.

If you can't edit the password page there are easy ways of redirecting traffic to a temporary page until the solution is found.

Or at least  please explain why your precious  customers must face countless hours waiting to reset their password, and in fustration turn to the community to be told that the feature has not worked for over a year and to contact mods to reset it.

GreatCanadian

The password reset feature is not working. You will need to send a message to the mods to help you with this.

Click here. Include your name, phone number, and account number with your message.

GC

Need Help? Let's chat.