cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding Account Number

113rgagnon
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I find out what my account number is? It has been a few years since I set up my phone online. I do not remember the email  or password that I used. I did write it down but cannot find the paper. I am in a real bind. My brother in law tried helping using a moderator but no luck. I went to a Public Mobile store and my brother in law called another. Both were limited in what they could assist me. Please help!!

9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@113rgagnon 

Finding Your Account Number

To find your Public Mobile account number:

1. Sign in to Self-Serve account
  2. From here, your 14-digit account number can be found in the top right corner.

If you don’t have access to your Self-Serve account, please click here link to start a conversation with our virtual assistant SIMon to submit a ticket to our Customer Support Agents.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@113rgagnon if you activated online you have a selfserve account. Try the lost password feature with all the possible email accounts you used.  Wrong emails give you an error a correct email takes you to next step.

If you use chat bot to submit a ticket now that you have community account it will give you option to verify account by sms and a pin.

@238jstone wrote:

They did not ask for anything.

@238jstone 

It really does not matter now.  Maybe when your brother in law mentioned that he was helping you out, CSA automatically declined service.  

You will need to get CSA help anyways. It seems like the wait times are longer than usual. Usually a few hours and sometimes within minutes, but recently almost day response.  Hopefully, your response is quicker.  

238jstone

They did not ask for anything.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@113rgagnon wrote:

How do I find out what my account number is? It has been a few years since I set up my phone online. I do not remember the email  or password that I used. I did write it down but cannot find the paper. I am in a real bind. My brother in law tried helping using a moderator but no luck. I went to a Public Mobile store and my brother in law called another. Both were limited in what they could assist me. Please help!!

@113rgagnon @238jstone  store likely can't help you.

By which method did you contact a moderator/CSA?

Best, if it is your account, that you are the one in contact with CSA.

Only 2 ways to submit tickets with Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@238jstone : You could have provided the verification information to the other person.

@238jstone wrote:

It may be because it was my brother in law and not me. They said that they needed me to create an account to validate me and send me an authentication code.

@238jstone 

That is the reason why.  Public mobile needs to protect the account information of customers.  Otherwise, hackers and scammers can access mobile accounts and can potentially cause lots of harm to customers.  

Well, you made a community account now.  Either submit a ticket for CSA help or directly private message CSA.  

Click on the chat bubble icon on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact CSA.  Type: I can't login.  Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

CSA will ask a few questions to verify account ownership and then should be able to help you. Response times can take a few hours.  Check your private message inbox (envelope in upper right corner of website).  

Or may be easier to private message team (wait times are longer though)

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

238jstone

It may be because it was my brother in law and not me. They said that they needed me to create an account to validate me and send me an authentication code.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@113rgagnon 

Public mobile does send a welcome email when you first activated your account.  In that email, in the address to section of the email, the account number is often located there.  

However, if you don't have the email, you will somehow need to access your self service account.  Why could the moderator (now Customer service agent - CSA) not help you?  CSA will need to ask a few questions to confirm ownership of account, but CSA should be able to help gain access to your self service account.  

Need Help? Let's chat.