cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find a way to log back in my account

Aminxlf
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey, so I had a phone number with public mobile years ago. One of my accounts, had my phone number linked to it. When I log in to my account, it asks for a email verification and a phone verification. I trépied calling the number and it’s not in service. I really need to try to find a way to log back in my account it’s very important. 
thank you 

14 REPLIES 14

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Aminxlf 

What kind of account are you trying to recover that has the deactivated phone number with pm? Maybe we can offer some suggestions to alternate verification to the account in question?

To recover the phone number if its possible you would have to go to the original provider of the phone number and request this service and activate an account with them. The top tier providers would likely do this for you. Public mobile has a policy to not provide this service however their have been moderators on occasion willing to try on a case by case basis if the reason is compelling enough. 

So if all the ifs line up and if you have a sim card to activate you could contact the moderators before activating to see if its your lucky day. Just remember this is very iffy if it will work....as if!😃

@Yummy wrote:

Nobody here is giving you marks for correct/incorrect answer. I bet not even Oracles know everything regarding PM.

Actually, edit function should be disabled as soon as there is following message after your post... I write my posts first in Word, read, think a little bit and then post; thus minimizing typos, trying to use 'good' English, etc.

That's right, we don't know everything. I have made mistakes many times and edited out so wrong details do not get to other users searching for a similar answers. 
Edit function is really a need in case users provide private info and wrong details so that would stay as is. We used to have a time stamp that would let other users know this post was edited, but that was removed when they upgraded the community with a new layout. I hope they bring it back at some point.  

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

@mimmo wrote:

@Anonymous  when editing posts it's common practice in the community to strike through or type edit rather than delete and add a completely new /different answer.

I would say it is common courtesy NOT to modify your original post after few following post so it looks 'smart and clever'. If we are in school I would call it cheating.

If your answer is not exactly correct, reading following posts you learn and next time you get it right.

Nobody here is giving you marks for correct/incorrect answer. I bet not even Oracles know everything regarding PM.

Actually, edit function should be disabled as soon as there is following message after your post... I write my posts first in Word, read, think a little bit and then post; thus minimizing typos, trying to use 'good' English, etc.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@softech  and it's still incorrect /incomplete.

mimmo

@Anonymous  when editing posts it's common practice in the community to strike through or type edit rather than delete and add a completely new /different answer.

@-- 

Thrid time's a charm!!! You changed your answer from just open ticket to mod to try Forget password to the answer we all talked about .. 90 days.  

mimmo

@Aminxlf  why can't you do Email verification of that account?  Once past the 90 days the tel number goes back to its original provider. 

We have been told that moderators are not to try and find unique or previous numbers for new or past clients.

@Aminxlf wrote:

If I activate a new account, can I choses to have the same phone number I had ? Since it’s not in service anymore? 

@Aminxlf  very slim chance.  PM does not allow you to select particular number.  Also, depends if you ported your number into PM, the number might not belongs to PM in the beginning and it would be back to the carrier the number was originally.

The only choice PM gives you is let you choose from a list of number, i think 5 at a time, so, it's really slim slim chance you can get it back.

It is probably easier to change your Bank than get it back from PM

@Aminxlf  if you relly have your phone number attached to it for 2FA and your PM service is disconnected, there is really no way to get the service back with the same number.  You might have to reach out to the Bank (i assume it is Bank.. or another service it is) and find a way to update the phone number or update the 2FA method

Aminxlf

If I activate a new account, can I choses to have the same phone number I had ? Since it’s not in service anymore? 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Aminxlf 

If your PM account has been suspended more than 90 days, it would be permanently closed and the phone number attached to that account lost.  No way to gain access to that PM account.  

If you are interested in PM service, you would need to buy a new SIM card and activate a new account. 

Aminxlf

yes I left one year ago. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Aminxlf  you have left PM for some time?    Any suspended account for more than 90 days will be closed.  

Let us know if that is not the case.  Or check if PM has been charging your credit card still.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aminxlf 

if old account has been suspended more than 90 days, you can't getting back,

you have to activate a new account, chooses new phone number

Need Help? Let's chat.