cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Existing customer - changing SIM Card to nano

josephleedoucet
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I hope this is a simple question, I have a regular, or larger size SIM card and I need a smaller one to fit into a new phone. Do I just purchase a nano SIM card from public mobile and then what? I clicked on the link and I feel it said I have to activate it which put me as a new customer? Kinda confused, any help preferred

9 REPLIES 9

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I gave also cut a sim before. Success once failed once. New sim is 10$ to buy, so probably quicker easier to buy if current sim is not 3 in 1

popping

@josephleedoucet 

You can cut the larger SIM card to nano SIM if you want.  I have done it 5 times for the last couple of years.  All you need is double sided tape to tape a tamplate to a SIM card and cut alone the line.

Here is a template.  Print the following image in 100% size.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

i cut mine down once with an older one but you must be very careful not to cut the little circuit board only the cardboard

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@josephleedoucet wrote:

Hello,

I hope this is a simple question, I have a regular, or larger size SIM card and I need a smaller one to fit into a new phone. Do I just purchase a nano SIM card from public mobile and then what? I clicked on the link and I feel it said I have to activate it which put me as a new customer? Kinda confused, any help preferred

@josephleedoucet  If you can punch out your current card and convert it to nano that would be the easiest. If it's not possible to use your existing card no need to create a new account just login to your account and select the change sim card option 

if it is perferated you can but that is a tad old look closly and see

josephleedoucet
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My card is kinda old, like 4 years, I can break it down?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@josephleedoucet 

If it is relatively new PM SIM card, you can just usually carefully "punch" out the smaller size nano SIM card.  

Screen Shot 2018-08-18 at 8.28.09 PM.png

If unable to punch out, buy a new card from vendor and switch SIM card numbers in your self service account.  

RossN
Mayor / Maire

no you just take th one you have now and break it down basicly it is perferated 

popping

@josephleedoucet wrote:

Hello,

Take a closer look at your current SIM card.  It may already consists of a nano SIM card with the micro or standard adapters.  Look for the cut lines on your current SIM card.  All you need is push the nano SIM card out from the adapters.

Need Help? Let's chat.