cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error on page when visiting when trying to change plan

Becoming
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I got the reminder to pay for my plan but when I login to PM and click the "Change my plan" button I get a "Sorry! We are having trouble with this page. Please try again later." error on this page:

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/ChangePlanLandingPage/?PageRedirect=Redi...

5 REPLIES 5

Becoming

Thanks again for your help.  In the end I was able to open an incognito browser and accomplish my task.  At the same time I tried reloading the page and clearing my browser cache but to no avail.

I don't know what happened but at least I have a work-around for future problems.

OK; Change Plan is down for me too. So I suggest you do the following:

1. login to your account and click My Rewards to see how much they will be, then go back and click Make a Payment, make a payment equal to the the plan you want less My Rewards, logout. This will put the money needed in place .

2. send any moderator a private message ( @Mary_M for example) with your phone number and an explanation; request that they use the funds in your account to activate the new plan. Coverage is currently: Mon-Thursday 9am(EST) to 9pm(EST) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(EST) to 5:30pm(EST).

3. Cross your fingers and check in the morning that you do have phone service.

As backup, consider installing an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi, or on cellular data.

Good luck.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

OK. Your phone is still working because your current plan has not expired. I will look at my account and see if Change Plan is functional and get back to you.

Becoming

Hi Luddite, thanks for the suggestions.

1. Yes, my phone is still working - my current plan expires tomorrow.
  2. I did try clearing the browser cache and turned off uBlock Origin but that had no impact.  Most of my daily browsing is done in Chrome.
  3. I opened up IE (which I never use), logged into PM and accessed the same page and received the same error.

Earlier this morning I was able to see the plan chooser and was making selections - I just didn't commit myself to them and tried to open the page later.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Some details that will help us help you:

a) does your phone still work?

b) has your current plan expired?

c) have you tried clearing your browser's cache and turned off ad/popup blockers?

Need Help? Let's chat.