Erratic data usage problem

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

7 REPLIES 7

BEER

Tony8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi,  Could it be Auto Google play app updates or frequent syncing mail, facebook ect?

I also have the $15 plan, I leave my data off, turn it on to check something, then turn it off. 250Mb is not much. I hope you find the issue.

kevmac
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If you're monitoring it with an app on the phone, I suspect there is an issue with the app. How does the usage track when looking at figures from the PM website?

BEER

@will13am wrote:

@BEER, could your problem be this in disguise?  I don't know how a phone and the apps installed know what plan you have and then behave differently. 

Of-course one's phone and apps can not know  what plan one has. However you can set your phone and app settings to what and when or not at all to use your plans data.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@BEER, could your problem be this in disguise?  I don't know how a phone and the apps installed know what plan you have and then behave differently.  As far as data metering goes, there really is only one meter for all accounts. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Issue-Resolved-Plan-data-not-renewing/m...

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

I would contact a moderator about it, you can send them a private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@BEER wrote:

Have previously posted on how pleased and trouble free our $15 plans are. Also posted that one of my family’s members complained to me that her data was being eaten up at an alarming rate. I thought the problem was her data phone settings and believe I solved the problem by turning off data for most of her apps and also “data assist”.  Well I was wrong — have been monotering her data for the past day or so and there is definitely something wrong. Her data usage fluctuates up AND DOWN but mostly down .

Even with her phone turned off data is being used at an alarming rate. While with the $10 plan her add on 200 mb data had lasted more then 2  months but now with 250 mb pluss approx 120mb rolled over data it’s all but gone soon after we upgraded to the $15 plan. What are we to do? 

What make and model of phone he/she has? I have Asus Zonfone 4 Max and haven't any this problem at all though my plan is $30 for 30 days.

Need Help? Let's chat.