cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Change

MorganLynn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there, I need to change my email address on my account, how do I do this?

11 REPLIES 11

MorganLynn

hank you its all been taken care of now..

@MorganLynn wrote:

my self serve and im trying to do it through this moderator but it will not do it, keeps asking about my email address but the moderator is confused when I type it in..... very frustrating

@MorganLynn  Has the new email address been used before for another PM activation? Did you misspell the original email address when activating your account. There is got to be a reason why the Moderator will not or cannot change it.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@MorganLynn for you community account go to settings by clicking on your avatar in the top right corner.

For your self serve account contact moderators here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You would need to submit a ticket to a moderator by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right.  

@MorganLynn you have to use the community login to continue on Simon, and the old email address in order to verify your account when asked by the moderators. Stay safe. 

@MorganLynn 

@MorganLynn wrote:

my self serve and im trying to do it through this moderator but it will not do it, keeps asking about my email address but the moderator is confused when I type it in..... very frustrating

If you are having a hard time submitting ticket for moderator help via Simon, the directly send a message to moderator team.

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@MorganLynn if its your self service account Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on "Account specific question" and  "No I want a human" and "Submit a ticket Click me!")
Once connected, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there. Once it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue.
If you need to, you can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email. Go to your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

Also, don't forget to change your community email to the new one too. It helps with the community reward and with correspondence witj moderators. Click on your community avatar- my settings- email- enter your new email and save. Stay safe. 

MorganLynn

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@MorganLynnyou need to contact the moderators and ask them to do it for you.  Click on the questionmark bottom right of your screen below and follow the prompts to get to one.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MorganLynn wrote:

Hi there, I need to change my email address on my account, how do I do this?

If it's your self-serve account then you need the moderators to do that.

If it's your self-serve and community login then you should be able to do that.

To get any community reward, the emails need to match between the account and the community.

jwds1978

If you want to change it here in the community, you can do so here. However, if you want to do it in your self-serve, you'd need to contact a moderator for assistance.

Need Help? Let's chat.