cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Change

bhoomib
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I change my email associated with my self serve account?

13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gfawley wrote:

1,2,& 3 were in reference to Z1Ouser4's reply from 9/21/20

@gfawley : having the mods do this will change both of them anyway.

gfawley
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

1,2,& 3 were in reference to Z1Ouser4's reply from 9/21/20

@gfawley wrote:

Wow - not a simple answer. Anyways, how to get in touch with a moderator to change my address for #1 and #2 (I'm assuming I'll be able to change #3 on my own for my community account).

Hi @gfawley lol I know right?  Sometimes in our eagerness to help fellow customers, we get carried away and at times, even give advice about life. lol

What do you mean #1, #2 and #3?  Do you have 3 accounts? 

To change your address on your self serve account, 

Easy peasy.  No need to contact the moderators.  Stay safe.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@gfawley wrote:

Wow - not a simple answer. Anyways, how to get in touch with a moderator to change my address for #1 and #2 (I'm assuming I'll be able to change #3 on my own for my community account).

Moderator contact:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

gfawley
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pawprints1986 

There are three email addresses in the PM world.

Upon activation, the email address you give, copies and splits off in two directions. 1. an internal key identifier of your account, 2. the login to access your account.

Then after activation 3. optionally the login for the community.

1. can only be changed by the moderators.

2. can be changed by a backdoor method but it still leaves things like the forgot your password going to the original. So it's really only for login.

3. can change all you want.

Then, remember, that in order for community rewards to be applied, email addresses 1 and 3 need to match. But I'll add the disclaimer that I'm not 100% certain. Nor do I want to test it 🙂 To test would require matching the email addresses in 2 and 3 after changing 2 and then waiting for the next reward distribution and seeing if the reward goes anywhere.

@Pawprints1986 the email address in your self serve account under "my profile" section. you need to be specific and ask mods to also change that email.

To change your email, you will need the assistance of a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Anonymous wrote:

@lauramalyk wrote:

If you go through the Public Mobile Chatbot (question mark in the bottom right corner of the community) it will actually provide you with a link to change the email for your account without having to submit a ticket.

@lauramalyk 

Great of you to jump in and start participating. Welcome.

But one can only change ones login email address. That does not change the internal email address. That needs moderator assistance.

I know this is a little older now, but Could I verify what you mean by "internal email address"? Ive been debating on changing, or rather creating a whole new, email address to help combat all the talks of port fraud and sim swap lately. I was thinking of creating a new one to use only with Public. the one im using now spreads pretty far... just wanted to be sure what you meant! I already have my account name pretty unique and i played with my address in my account (not billing, the other one) so i dont know if i NEED a whole separate email too... but something tells me it could be safer

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lauramalyk wrote:

If you go through the Public Mobile Chatbot (question mark in the bottom right corner of the community) it will actually provide you with a link to change the email for your account without having to submit a ticket.

@lauramalyk 

Great of you to jump in and start participating. Welcome.

But one can only change ones login email address. That does not change the internal email address. That needs moderator assistance.

lauramalyk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You have to contact moderator by clicking ? mark at bottom right.

@bhoomib wrote:

How do I change my email associated with my self serve account?

To get this done, you'll have to submit a ticket to moderators by going to https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat and then typing in "rep".  Be sure to choose the appropriate "Password and Username Reset" category from the list.

Need Help? Let's chat.