cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double payment

Huntress
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi,

I made a double payment because it said, (Thank you for toppong up 0.00) When I saw that I assumed I didn't do it right and so tried again.. Apon looking in my bank, it said That PM was paid twice..

How do I get my second payment back??

21 REPLIES 21

Trevor1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I made a double payment twice

@JennyLynn13 wrote:

Hey I made a double payment could I get that back

No promises, but you'll have to ask the moderators. Official policy is no refunds on prepaid cell phone services.  Click on the floating question mark in the bottom right screen corner.  Type in "open ticket", select Contact Us, and then submit a service ticket.

JennyLynn13

Hey I made a double payment could I get that back

@MarkInBlackwrote:

I didn't ask for a refund, I was trying to understand why the system demanded a double payment before reactivating the service.

It's a system bug that affects some people in this situation. You "should" be able to make just one payment for the plan cost to reinstate your current plan.

However, one payment definitely does not work if one is changing their plan.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

MarkInBlack
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I didn't ask for a refund, I was trying to understand why the system demanded a double payment before reactivating the service.

@MarkInBlack ... and @ninezero and @NatalieCarrara (if you haven't already resolved this double-payment issue)

Public Mobile is fully prepaid, no refunds.

Click here to send a Private Message to the Moderator Team to make them aware of your double-payment.  It's unlikely they'll refund/reverse your payments - though it doesn't hurt to ask, you never know - but they can credit your account balance.

MarkInBlack

Hi there.
My payment usually comes out on the 19th; the funds were not available at that time and the phone was deactivated.  Understandable and not a problem.

The following day (today), I log into the website and make the payment by choosing to pay Amount Due.  I make the payment, the deactivation warning is gone from the account screen and it says my balance is zero.

But even after an hour and several phone reboots, the service is not restored.

I check the account screen again which says that I have a balance owing.  I pay that and then the service is restored.

When I checked my banking, I see that two payments were made.

I'm trying to understand why the second payment was required to restore the service?

ninezero

Hi I was double charged for two months and plus my credit card is on auto pay and my available balance is being used.. please help

NatalieCarrara
Hi,
I had the same problem and I don't know how to solve it. I paid my bill twice.
What should I do? How can I get the refund?

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey @ameshreky!

I sent you a private message 🙂 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

ameshreky

Hello Public mobile. 

I've made a double payment by accident. I applied to have CANADA-WIDE TALKIN , UNLIMITED TEXT MESSAGE AND 6 GB OF DATA. At the begning I wasn't able to send or received text message. I went back on my account to make sure the changes were correct then I made a double payment by accident. If I dont' receive my money back, this is FRAUD. Please contact me soon as possible because I need my money back.

Thank you 

Andrew Meshreky 

helikvar

Just  contact PM directly.There is a contact button around here  somewhere.Tell them your story plus your contact info.They will fix it right away.They gave me credit on my account but I didnt push for refund.

kaleidoscope11

This has happened to me as well and I have messaged two of the PM moderators to no avail. Please respond back and issue me a refund. The website is misleading since the account balance showed a $0 so I thought I had to pay the balance. Please refund and advise asap

helikvar

I sent you  my number in a private message but havent heard back yet. A total of 4 payments were taken from the credit card as well as the plan I wanted I never got which was international texting. That was supposed to be $25 which is the exact amount that was charged to the card.Then $25 again after it stated the payment didnt go thru.Then $5 was asked for because the account was still inactive. Then $10 was asked for and then the account finally became active..In the end I was given wrong plan (my old talk and text plan) and I was billed 2 choices with no discount $10 and $20 and $10 for a total of $40 and $65 dollars was billed to the credit card which left $25 credit in my account.So now I have a talk and text plan which I didnt want and dont have the international text plan which I needed got billed $65 for  a $25 plan and didnt even get the discount when the 2 choices which was wrong was applied. You can see that while one part of the system was billing for the plan I wanted at $25 another part was trying to apply the old plan and kept asking for more money and asked for another $25 which again was the cost of the plan I requested but was again denied because it wasnt enough for the plan it was trying to apply(talk and text my old plan). The next two transactions I dont really get  but I think the third time it asked me for $10 to top up to make account active which I agree to .This would add to the $25 to make $35 (the cost of my old plan which I didnt want).Then the plan was activated (not the plan I requested for$25 which it kept taking that amount out). Then another $5 was billed to credit card for I dont know what.Quite the mess is to say the least and I made no mistakes and only did what I was instructed to doand you can see if you analyze this that the system appears to be doing two things at the same time which were conflicting. This is my second post on this I gave my phone number yesterday but havent heard back yet.I dont think this system can be trusted .Even though the amounts are small it could have been a lot higher if I were applying a 90 day plan and data as well .and I would be out hundreds of dollars. I know 3 people at least I going to recommend to PM but after this I wouldn't chance it and have them coming back at me when another screwup like this occurs. Its been three days now and though I was slow getting my number to the person who replied to my first post(took me that long to figure out how to send a private message) and they responded to my first post quickly I havent heard anything back yet.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @helikvar

I'm very sorry to hear about this, 

Can you please send me a private message with your Public Mobile phone number and I will look into this right away. 

Thanks, 

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

helikvar

This just happened to me as well only 3 times . First I changed my plan from talk and text to just text which was supposed to be $25 .I confirmed the payment but it came back and said the payment failed. It also said top up was completed which didnt make any sense.I went back to see if my account was active again but it was not. So I figured it must have failed. So again I reset my plan to text only for $25 dollars and confirmed payment .Once again payment failed but it also said same as before account topped up. So again I went back to check my account to see if it was active and it was not.The plan had been reset back to my old talk and text plan . I wondered if the credit card had run out perhaps but I decided to try one more time.For the third time I set my plan to text only for $25 and confirmed payment  and this time it said it went thru and that I had $25 in my account but owed another $10 .What the hell is going on  here. My account is now active .3 payments were taken from the credit card for a talk and text plan that I did not choose .I chose text only for $25 for 30 days. I made no mistake hear your system really screwed up big time and triple billed me plus gave me a plan that I didnt want.I agree with another poster who was double billed recently this is fraud ,this is robbery this money was stolen either deliberately or your system needs major inspection and overhaul. How can something like this possibly happen . Every time it told me the payment had failed it had in fact gone thru fooling me into doing it two more times and it still says I owe $10 more to add insult to injury.I want this mess straightened out now  and I doubt I am the only one this has happened to as I see others have had a similar problem. For now this is between us but fix it pronto.

Kalla_A
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @Huntress,

You will be able to view your private messages on the main community page, next to your profile picture. 

The picture below will show you where to look 🙂

Inbox.png

Cheers,

Kalla

Huntress

To be honest I have no idea how to get to a private message..   😞

Kalla_A
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @Huntress,

I am sorry to hear about this!

I have just sent you a private message, could you take a look? We'll find a way out of this 🙂

Cheers,

Kalla

Huntress

This in a form is fraud!!! You have to give me back my money, it was done by mistake because of your software saying that I didn't pay it at first when in fact I did!!

I will seek legal advice to show that is is a form of fraud.. There is nowhere that I know of that would not refund this back!!

Please put money back into my account!

I will check with BBB on this as well...

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good afternoon @Huntress

I'm sorry to hear that you accidentally made a double payment.

As a prepaid service, we do not offer any refunds. The balance however, can be used toward a future plan renewal.

If you have any concerns, kindly send me a private message.

Thank you

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **
Need Help? Let's chat.