cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do iPhones work best on Public Mobile? (can't imagine a PM plan without an iPhone)

yiatioxi-ok
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have been reading several posts where people seem to be very frustrated because of having all sort of problems getting their PM accounts to work. A friend refered me and I  just activated a new $10 account without a hitch and even receiving a $25 credit within 24 hours. During the past month three of my friends have also activated PM $10-$2=$8  accounts without any problems. Also just about everyone I know uses an iPhone. So it seems that perhaps iPhones seem to work best with PM. 

Just about everywhere today there is free WIFI so having $10 limited texting plan is no problem if one has an  iPhone because when there's WIFI  iMessages sends automaticaly. Even if your in the woods with no free WIFi you can just add the PM data $10 200mb add-on that even rolls over untill used up. If your also a talker just add on the $8 200 ld voice add on. I know it sounds like I am advertising PM but I happy and just want to share the benefits. I still have my Bell $35 /month plan which I will soon cancel that will save me 12X35+13%tax=$474.60 -----less ofcourse the cost of PM $108.48 which leaves $366/year  in my bank account.

8 REPLIES 8

yiatioxi-ok

Have you heard about the fox and the grapes fable? I'm just joking but in my case years ago I was a PC and Blackberry user and thought that having numerous upgrades and viruses and having to use 3rd party apps was normal. Then one day my office switched to Apple and assigned me a MacBook which at first I resented but after going through the learning curve I never looked back. Yes I know Apple products are expensive which is a deterent but in the long run their worth every penny.

@will13am wrote:

I am going to be a black hat here.  I can't imagine ever getting an iPhone.  I don't like being confined to a walled garden.  I have never bought a phone that doesn't work.  I have been with practically every carrier brand except Virgin and Telus.  This carrier brand has by far the most disruptive service delivery model.  I really like it. 

yiatioxi-ok

@kwokamole wrote:

To each his/her own.

Some people are comfortable with what they have and will continue down that road.  Some (like many at PM), they are searching for a better deal and will take it when offered.  Because PM is prepaided there is a lot more flexibility about where you want to go.

Yes - unfortunately my wife is one of these "comfortable with what they have and will continue down that road" people. She is loyal to services that are robbing us blind. For example she continuous to pay for a Bell land-line that has now mushroomed to over $55/month and she wont even consider switching to another provider. What disturbes me is that Bell does offer much lower landline rates, but ofcourse only to new accounts. So it is obvious that this is only a one way loyalty situation.  LOL

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I am going to be a black hat here.  I can't imagine ever getting an iPhone.  I don't like being confined to a walled garden.  I have never bought a phone that doesn't work.  I have been with practically every carrier brand except Virgin and Telus.  This carrier brand has by far the most disruptive service delivery model.  I really like it. 

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@kwokamole

I activated last weekend. Exactly one week ago. I am using an iPhone 5s without any issues. I have the $45/5.5GB plan. Everything I signed up for works perfectly.

kwokamole
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

To each his/her own.

Some people are comfortable with what they have and will continue down that road.  Some (like many at PM), they are searching for a better deal and will take it when offered.  Because PM is prepaided there is a lot more flexibility about where you want to go.

yiatioxi-ok

My 89 year old grandmother is using an iPhone 6s and loves it. She texts (a bit too much) and looks up grocery deals etc. However she's with bell and I don't want to switch her to PM because she's comfortable with the plan she has.

kwokamole
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey,

I just activated yesterday and I have a Blackberry Priv (it was free...).  I have had no issues thus far.  The connection is great and I am super thrilled thus far.

My wife switched over a month ago and she is using a Samsung S7 and she also has had no issues with the service.  

Possibly with iPhone there are less issues with activation because iPhone is simpler.  I was reading a post about someone who had a LG phone and if you want to switch to PM the would have to do a factory reset.  

I just feel it takes a little time for people to wrinkle out any issues but it doesn't really matter what type of phone you have.  Cheers!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

The PM $8($10 less autopay) 50/50 plan is not just great for iPhone owner.  It is perfect for senior citizens using a flip phone.  It is only 16 cents/minutes Vs Speakout 30 cents/minutes.  When you add the $8 200 minutes add-on, it is even cheaper at 4 cents/minutes

Need Help? Let's chat.