cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disgusting Service

iamnopreacher
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

My daughter's plan ends today and she changed the plan 3 days ago and today she is without service for the whole day. After numerous messages via Help and also via Facebook, the PM moderators have chosen to ignore her and do nothing. This is most awful service ever. I really wish there was a person to talk to rather than depend on moderators who are probably in their jammies, smoking pot. If the service is not back up in the next hour I will close all my accounts with PM. We have 4 accounts. I'd rather pay more and get better than average service. This service is crap. Shame on you. What, further, surprises ,me, that, after 2 years of being with PM the same issues exist in the Self-Serve. Unbelievable.

35 REPLIES 35

@jaminbroughton 48 hrs is just the official maximum, most often you will find the moderators reply within an hour during working hours. 48 hrs is just the official maximum.

This is real - just like it says on the website.

jaminbroughton
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

how can they take 48 hours to get back to you if you have a problem is this real 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@iamnopreacher wrote:

Anyway, you are most welcome to voice your thoughts as I feel that we have the right to freedom of speech and one should not shy away from saying what's on their mind.

Funny thing about freedom of speech...you can say whatever you like but whoever is "listening" can also ignore you or shun you or tell you to get stuffed saying whatever they like back at you.

It is, after all, a two-way street...same freedom in the other direction.

@iamnopreacher, you are correct the is free discharge but that does not give you the right or protect you if you make slanderous remarks.  I understand you were frustrated and upset by that still doesn't give you the right to make the comments you did about the mods

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@iamnopreacher yes everyone is entitled to opinions, I believe the issue at hand is when you referenced the mods as pot smoking in their pijamas, or something similar.  It's not their fault they are understaffed.   

Complain to the higher ups. And/Or start a thread discussing actual wait times vs promised. If there is a trend of wait times longer then promised who knows you could file an official complaint against the company as a whole,if you decide to stay.

iamnopreacher

Hey @ShawnC13 choot, probably you live on cannabis and for your information the card worked on Amazon just after I used another card to re-activate this account. The problem in Canada is that the word 'service' does not exist. You probably won't understand that as you may be in the same category of them. Anyway, you are most welcome to voice your thoughts as I feel that we have the right to freedom of speech and one should not shy away from saying what's on their mind. Tare care and live happily under your rug.

iamnopreacher

Yes, I provided all the screenshots and tried everything you guys adviced. In the end I resolved it myself. The card on file was in use for the past 2 years and the validity is still for another 2 years, so there's got to be a glitch in their system. As i mentioned I had the exact same experience then I upgraded my plan about 2 years back, just after being with them for 3 months and till today the same glitch exists. Wow!

iamnopreacher

I will join you in switching to another provider. You may not get these rates but for better service, I'd rather pay more. I feel your pain. I haven't even got a reply from them till now.

iamnopreacher

Seriously? I had good service about a year and half ago but since then interaction with the mods has been deplorable. Thank god it wan't as urgent as this time otherwise they would heard this from me sooner. LOL.

iamnopreacher

Surprisinngly, PM has still not answered my messages, so don't lecture me about their service. It has consistenly gone down. You can glorify them but what I said still stands and it will be that way until I see some real good service. So please keep your advice to yourself. I don't need it. If you can't help then, please, stay away.

Tashana1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes i did and its still not working.  It's showing active now, but its still not working.  I am not getting an error message on screen.  I get the message when I tried to make a call.

@stonechucker, great post.  After my intial post I just watched the thread as I totally agree with you, taking it out on the people who are not the decision makers is pointless and the name calling and judging of these people was totally inappropriate.  If we are allowed to judge people on their actions/inactions we see with them online I would have made some judgements myself.  My only thought was wondering where his card worked online, was it the new online cannabis stores?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Tashana1, have you tried all the suggestions listed in this thread?  If your phone number isn't active you will not be able to port it out - so if you don't care about losing your number, go right ahead.

Have you asked within this community  (in your own thread??) for assistance?  Have you provided screenshots to help us understand what you're experiencing so that we can help suggest possible solutions that may get you results prior to a response from the moderator_team?

Tashana1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am experiencing the same darn issue. My plan said expired and I had money in my account. I selected the option to change my plan and they took another 1 month payment from me and still no service. It has been 3 days. I sent several messages to the MOD and still no response. I am very annoyed and if I get no service by this afternoon and switching provider. I use my phone for work as well. 

Beyond annoyed at this point.

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Well said @stonechucker

Bravo.

@iamnopreacher, I have been a member just as long as you, or slightly longer.  I joined in July 2016, right before the Fall 2016 Promo, when delays with only 3 full time moderators, who are full time employees of Public Mobile, got severely back logged due to the heavy uptick in new activations.  There was at least a 12 day response time on issues.  The 48-72 hour delay now is nothing in comparison.

Your rude and inappropriate comments about pot smoking moderators ignoring your same day requests for help I are completely uncalled for.  At no time will you ever be charged for time without an account, because if your payment doesn’t go through, you can’t use the service anyway, as it’s a prepaid service.  You must as they say, pay to play.

Yes, there was a glitch with your credit set up on file for payment.  You said another one has worked.  Great!  You said the other credit card worked elsewhere after this online, great also!  Is it possible that this card has recently been replaced with a new expiry date, and was possibly the reason that the payment failed?

Yes, anytime service is down, it sucks.  I get it.  But being a hot headed, rude, and frankly annoying online pain In the butt in a community forum full of supportive, and wanting to assist fellow customers, you need to be more polite.

I read your first post and thought, okay, this is a new subscriber who doesn’t know what’s going on, but you’ve been here with 4 accounts for 2 years.  If you’ve had no reason for support previously, you know how good the service is.  If this is your first issue in 2 years on 4 plans, you’ve been extremely lucky.  But at minimum, you need to understand that Telus doesn’t want to put money into Public Monile.  This is there bottom of the line, get them here, and hope they move up the chain so that Telus can hook you in, get you on a postpaid account, and get you to pay more.

If you’re still unhappy here, fine, be that way, and leave as soon as you find a carrier who offers you the service, and support services you are desperate to have.  But if you can apologise for your statements towards the moderators who are frankly overworked, and not supported by the Corporate overlords at Telus, and the shareholders who refuse to improve the service of Public Mobile, then I will retract this post and call it even.

Every front line worker deserves respect... you have not shown that respect to the moderators.

mimmo

@iamnopreacher glad things got resolved. This is the model.  I understand the fustration. But there is no need to disrespect the mods who are employees of the company and who have no  control over staffing levels or the system.  EVERY interaction I and most  others other had with mods is to notch service. They go above and beyond to help clients, Unlike many of the call centers of other providers  that were showcased in an article the other day.

iamnopreacher

So it turned out that for some strange reason the credit card on file was not working. I tried another card and it worked. To make sure that nothing was wrong with the previous card on file, I made a small purchase online and it worked. There's got to be a glitch in the system. It was the same card being used for 2 years and now when the plan changed it stopped working. Very strange. Thanks to all of you who have helped here. No thanks to the Moderators.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@iamnopreacher wrote:

Just tried entering a Manual amount to make the payment and I got the same payment error as show before.

How about dashing over to recharge.com and buying a voucher and applying it to your payment instead of using your credit card. Maybe there's some kind of issue there.

Then it's the system, a Glitch, and one that will have consequences 

iamnopreacher

Yes, that's exactly what I did and it gave me the same error. Thanks for the help.

What I mean, is when you go to make a payment, Choose CC, Then there's where amount owed, and enter amount

Choosing Enter amount is what I found fixed the issue when I had this.

Try that, let us know IF it worked. If so, then PM Mods need to do root canal on system to fix

iamnopreacher

Just tried entering a Manual amount to make the payment and I got the same payment error as show before.

@iamnopreacher, JUST curious, have ya tried the Amount owed, OR Manual amount?

I have encountered this, and find that doing a Manual Amount would fix

iamnopreacher

Here's what I am getting when I try to make a payment to reactivate the account:

2018-10-18 20_38_09-Public Mobile - oneTimeTopUp-Page.png

iamnopreacher

The balance showing is $4 and the new plan is showing but it says Plan Expired. And we have tried Reactivating the account by trying to make a payment but then an error occurs in the payment. Nothing is working.

mimmo

@iamnopreacher

What is the available balance in self serve? Does the proper plan display.

What does payment history show?

Both of these are helpful in suggesting possible workarounds.

If plan says expired and no funds available make a payment via payment tab not reactivate button

If enough funds try lost stolen mode or adding a nominal amount to try reactivating the plan

@iamnopreacher Yep, except for your comments on the moderators, everything is true. This, and other bugs, continue to exit, and there is currently the decline in moderator availability for Community issues. This decline is unrelated to their work ethic, but is related to workload from an influx of new activations. 

I'm sure you have seen my suggestion but here it is again: 100% SERVICE.

Good luck here, or wherever, you all end.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

I think PM needs to slow down on Promos, and start to pour $$$$ into the logistics, this is what keeps the cogs moving smoothly.

PM's system I think needs to move away from the Koodo Model, and have it's OWN, and have a COMPLETE dedicated Mod staff, with better Logistics and systems in place to keep the Cog wheels running at peak efficiency

Need Help? Let's chat.