cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable voicemail for good

Mike_beta
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I saw a couple of threads about this but non of them was talking about complete removal of the voicemail service. 

Is it possible? If yes, please advise how to proceed 

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Mike_beta I found one of the threads about disabling voicemail. It was not deleting the forwarding number nor leaving a digit out but turning the number into an unreachable number.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/How-to-permanently-disable-remove-Voice-M...

You could ask one of the people using the truck what number they are using.

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

What he meant was, the connection from overseas takes too long, ie it started ringing on their end but hasn't ring on his phone yet. By the time it rings on his phone, the voicemail kicked in already.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@Mike_beta wrote:

I saw a couple of threads about this but non of them was talking about complete removal of the voicemail service. 

Is it possible? If yes, please advise how to proceed 

Thanks

What worked well for me over the last little bit:

- record an extended absence greeting, letting the caller know that you are not accepting voicemails at this point etc

- disable the ability to leave a message

Sorry, I'm typing on the phone right now, so no access to my links. But @srlawren posted a step by step tutorial in June.

You can find all the Public Mobile voice mail feature in this Knowledge Base article: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-To-Use-Your-Phone-and-Plan-Feature...

@stonechucker  Just recording an extended absence greeting doesn't disable the option of leaving a voicemail. At least it didn't for me.

dna2016

@Mike_beta, so i'm a little confused.  Based on your second reply, are you saying you want voicemail, or you don't want voicemail.  Because if you're not able to answer a call coming in from overseas, then wouldn't;t you want your voicemail to be active so they if you miss the call they can leave a message?  Just not understanding based on your two comments.

dna2016

@Mike_beta, to my knowledge you cannot disable the voicemail.  Only thing you can do is not create a greeting and I believe if you miss the call the automated voice will say something like "the person you have reached has not initialized their voicemail"..... or something like that.

If you want to disable voicemail then you'd have to go to one of the big 3 companies where usually you'd be paying for these services (i.e. voicemail, call display).  If you're individually paying for it, then you'll have the option to disable it by having it removed as a feature.  PM is more like overseas, where these features are built-in at no additional cost (which is how it's supposed to be).

Mike_beta
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

People can not reach me, especially when the call is outside Canada. It take a long time to connect so by the time they are connecting I don't have time to response..... 

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

There is no off switch.  The best you can achieve is a temporary greeting using the extended absence greeting, which doesn’t allow voice mail messages to be left.

Need Help? Let's chat.