cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Deactivation of Public Mobile Service / Community Account

Hey all,

 

It looks like I'm staying away from Public Mobile, and looking towards Lucky Mobile as a potential carrier to port the numbers that I have under my card.

To sum it all up, I tried to make the switch from Koodo Prepaid to PM but unfortunately, I only gave a two-day window for the mods to make the port. Granted, I made this decision due to the fact that Simon's estimated wait times were "under a few hours", with a max of 48 hours for a response. Regardless, the time of expiry for my Koodo base plan was too close to the activation of my Public Mobile account, and I am now forced to either:

1) Re-activate my Koodo Prepaid account so that the port could happen - gain some credits, then immediately lose those credits (and then some) when the port over to Public Mobile is done.

2) Take the loss on the Public Mobile SIM price / base plan activation.

 

Ultimately, the latter is the better option when it comes to convenience.

 

Now that that's out of the way, I have two questions before this occurs.

 

1) I sent a port request over to @Moderator_Team on Sunday, requesting that they port my Koodo number over to PM. This message contained all the relevant information that they needed for the port.

As a result, I need to find a way to cancel this request before I reactivate my Koodo prepaid account (so that they don't continue with the port, thereby cancelling my recently-reactivated Koodo account).

In Private Messages --> Sent, you can click on the subject of a message (i.e. whichever title you chose such as "Deactivation of Public Mobile Service / Community Account") and once there, you will see the entire message you sent.

Will clicking delete on the bottom right hand corner also delete the message that was sent to the mods?

I want to ensure that the mods can no longer port over my number and as such, I am refraining from re-activating my Koodo Prepaid account until the mods have either recieved the change in message, or until the mods are no longer able to recieve this message.

 

2) Second question, I need to deactivate my accounts on Self-Serve and in the Community forums. Since I no longer will make the switch, I no longer have a need for these accounts (nor do I need this SIM card to be active in any shape or form).

Again, I'll take the loss.

Is there any way to deactivate these accounts?

If so, will deleting these accounts get rid of my need to contact the mods regarding the cancellation of my port request?

 

I've thought about sending another message stating this request but that may arrive far after they recieve my inital message, making it essentially useless.

Again, my primary goal is to ensure that @Moderator_Team does not attempt the port.

 

I understand if that was quite a bit to read, but thanks in advance for any responses that I may get here.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Deactivation of Public Mobile Service / Community Account

@christian4ngelo

If you port to Lucky before your Koodo plan expires, your koodo account will automatically close.
Since the Koodo account has closed, PM won't be able to fullfill your previous port request any more.

 

If you wish, you can continue using the PM plan until it expires. Just remove your credit card from PM account and your PM plan will not renew.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Deactivation of Public Mobile Service / Community Account

@christian4ngelo 

I had to reread your post...

 

I see your Koodo plan has already expired and you will need to renew it.

 

Why not just renew it and go with the original plan to port to PM?

It seems to be the most cost effective solution right now.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Deactivation of Public Mobile Service / Community Account


@LovesToPM wrote:

@christian4ngelo

If you port to Lucky before your Koodo plan expires, your koodo account will automatically close.
Since the Koodo account has closed, PM won't be able to fullfill your previous port request any more.

 

If you wish, you can continue using the PM plan until it expires. Just remove your credit card from PM account and your PM plan will not renew.


I actually would like to reactivate my Koodo account as I need the original number to be active.

However, I’m worried that Public Mobile may receive the port request sometime in the next couple days, and port the number once I’ve reactivated my Koodo account (thereby closing my Koodo account again).

 

As a result, I’m looking for a way to get rid of my Public Mobile accounts altogether so that the port request can no longer go through (or at least, get rid of the message that was sent in the first place).

Mayor / Maire

Re: Deactivation of Public Mobile Service / Community Account


@christian4ngelo wrote:

Hey all,

 

It looks like I'm staying away from Public Mobile, and looking towards Lucky Mobile as a potential carrier to port the numbers that I have under my card.

To sum it all up, I tried to make the switch from Koodo Prepaid to PM but unfortunately, I only gave a two-day window for the mods to make the port. Granted, I made this decision due to the fact that Simon's estimated wait times were "under a few hours", with a max of 48 hours for a response. Regardless, the time of expiry for my Koodo base plan was too close to the activation of my Public Mobile account, and I am now forced to either:

1) Re-activate my Koodo Prepaid account so that the port could happen - gain some credits, then immediately lose those credits (and then some) when the port over to Public Mobile is done.

2) Take the loss on the Public Mobile SIM price / base plan activation.

 

Ultimately, the latter is the better option when it comes to convenience.

 

Now that that's out of the way, I have two questions before this occurs.

 

1) I sent a port request over to @Moderator_Team on Sunday, requesting that they port my Koodo number over to PM. This message contained all the relevant information that they needed for the port.

As a result, I need to find a way to cancel this request before I reactivate my Koodo prepaid account (so that they don't continue with the port, thereby cancelling my recently-reactivated Koodo account).

In Private Messages --> Sent, you can click on the subject of a message (i.e. whichever title you chose such as "Deactivation of Public Mobile Service / Community Account") and once there, you will see the entire message you sent.

Will clicking delete on the bottom right hand corner also delete the message that was sent to the mods?

I want to ensure that the mods can no longer port over my number and as such, I am refraining from re-activating my Koodo Prepaid account until the mods have either recieved the change in message, or until the mods are no longer able to recieve this message.

 

2) Second question, I need to deactivate my accounts on Self-Serve and in the Community forums. Since I no longer will make the switch, I no longer have a need for these accounts (nor do I need this SIM card to be active in any shape or form).

Again, I'll take the loss.

Is there any way to deactivate these accounts?

If so, will deleting these accounts get rid of my need to contact the mods regarding the cancellation of my port request?

 

I've thought about sending another message stating this request but that may arrive far after they recieve my inital message, making it essentially useless.

Again, my primary goal is to ensure that @Moderator_Team does not attempt the port.

 

I understand if that was quite a bit to read, but thanks in advance for any responses that I may get here.


@christian4ngelo  You have every right to be upset. The port should have been completed within the two days, no excuse.

 

Access your selfserve account. On the first page under the profile section there is a change number option. Select it and choose a new temp number.

 

PMCN.JPG

 

Once that is done insert the PM sim card in your phone and see if the number works. Test sending receiving calls. Once that is done access selfserve again and remove any credit card on file and disable autopay. Also write down you account number just in case.

 

If the new temp number is not working then submit another ticket, reference any previous tickets explain the situation and how dissapointed you are because of the whole Koodo port fiasco. Ask Public to either port your number over without having to re-activate your Koodo account or cancel your service.

 

If they do not port your number over then inform them that you do not want to be a Public customer anymore and ask them to cancel your port request if it's still open.

 

Once you have their assurance that the port has been cancelled re-activate your Koodo account and port it to Lucky.

 

Sorry to see you go!

 

Oracle

Re: Deactivation of Public Mobile Service / Community Account


@christian4ngelo wrote:

@LovesToPM wrote:

@christian4ngelo

If you port to Lucky before your Koodo plan expires, your koodo account will automatically close.
Since the Koodo account has closed, PM won't be able to fullfill your previous port request any more.

 

If you wish, you can continue using the PM plan until it expires. Just remove your credit card from PM account and your PM plan will not renew.


I actually would like to reactivate my Koodo account as I need the original number to be active.

However, I’m worried that Public Mobile may receive the port request sometime in the next couple days, and port the number once I’ve reactivated my Koodo account (thereby closing my Koodo account again).

 

As a result, I’m looking for a way to get rid of my Public Mobile accounts altogether so that the port request can no longer go through (or at least, get rid of the message that was sent in the first place).


This may seem like a bit of Russian roulette, I suggest reactivating the Koodo service so that it is eligible for porting which you have to eventually do anyway, go to Lucky Mobile and sign up and have them issue a port from Koodo.  In the very unlikely event that the Koodo to Public Mobile port were to happen first, just ask them to redo the port from Public Mobile.  No need to be held hostage here playing the waiting game. 

 

Sorry the service didn't work out for you.  You have to do what's best for you.  

Re: Deactivation of Public Mobile Service / Community Account

Koodo prepaid is why the port takes so long, it’s the same shared database, and REQUIRES the moderators to do a ton of juggling.

 

@will13am has given the best solution for you.

Mayor / Maire

Re: Deactivation of Public Mobile Service / Community Account

@christian4ngelo 

If you are worried

Wait the 48+ hours for Public Port request to error out

Someone will manually look into it

Make sure they know you requested to cancel the port request (you can tell Koodo this so even if process has started they will reverse it)

 

Once Public port is dead THEN top up Koodo and port over to Lucky

 

(You can't have 2 open port requests btw anyways, so if Lucky had of given you an error you would know the Public port was still happening)

 

 

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Deactivation of Public Mobile Service / Community Account

@christian4ngeloThere is no way to delete the community account.. Lithium (this message board) is designed that anything that get typed in, stays on the forum.