cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deactivate my services and refund

cwah
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I want to be refunded my money that you had taken out of my account. Your company had cut my services and then few days later took money out of my bank. Within that time your company cut my services I had changed cell providers. I would like to deactivate my sevices with public mobile and be refunded. thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

It doesn’t seem reasonable to me that if your cell service quits working you would just think oh well, I guess I am no longer a customer and go elsewhere without doing anything to cancel an existing account. Why do I feel this way about it? Because the service problem was obviously a glitch to service for some, not a termination of you as a customer.  Then your renewal day arrived and you were charged for the next month as they aren’t psychic, they had no way of knowing you had left. Unless you ported your number out prior to the renewal date, then it would be worth talking to the moderators. JMHO...

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@cwah , sorry to see things didn't work for you over here.  You might want to consider involving the CCTS if you don't have success dealing with Public Mobile.  This option is covered in the knowledge base.  You should know all your options.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/About-The-CCTS/ta-p/33309

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@cwah It is a prepaid service. I doubt that you can get the refund. But you can try to contact the moderator for that. You can private message to "Moderator_Team". Good luck!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@cwah wrote:

I want to be refunded my money that you had taken out of my account. Your company had cut my services and then few days later took money out of my bank. Within that time your company cut my services I had changed cell providers. I would like to deactivate my sevices with public mobile and be refunded. thanks!

PM plan are prepaid plan.  There is no refund of unused days for the prepaid plan in Canada including PM plans.

If you already port your number out of PM, you PM plan will be canceled.  But you should have remove your credit card info before porting your number out.  You can send a private message to moderator to ask for refund.  But there is no guarantee. YMMV It usually take over 3 months to get your refund.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@cwah wrote:

@cwah, sorry to hear about your problems.  You will need to private message the moderators for account assistance.  The people here surfing the community are just customers.  When you went to another provider did you port your number out as that would have closed your account?  

To send a private message to a moderator click this link and describe your issue.

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern)

More info on moderators

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @cwah 

You can contact Moderators https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

You should also log in to your self serve and remove your credit card from autopay.

Hope you get it sorted out

Need Help? Let's chat.