cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data

Meesha902
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Why is it asking me to sign into my network and not allow me to use my data? I have checked my account on PM and my data settings on my device. I have NOT gone over my data. I have 1G to use and im at 700mb. Why did you guys cut me off? I'm very frustrated and would like my data that I've paid for to work. Please fix this.

2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Meesha902 wrote:

Why is it asking me to sign into my network and not allow me to use my data? I have checked my account on PM and my data settings on my device. I have NOT gone over my data. I have 1G to use and im at 700mb. Why did you guys cut me off? I'm very frustrated and would like my data that I've paid for to work. Please fix this.

Do you see the data counter on the overview page? If not then you've used it all. Your phone counter might be set to the wrong period of time not matching the 30 days of your current term.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Assuming the account is active and the phone is able to connect to the network for calling, the likely issue affecting data is the APN settings.  Please take a look at this post and follow the steps to make sure the proper APN settings have been applied.   https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Setting-up-Data-APN-on-your-phone/ta-p... Otherwise, here's my checklist for data failure:

- connects with wifi?

- cellular data turned on?

- confirm data is included in your plan and not used up

- if dual sim use LTE/3G slot

- is it all apps that use data or just the browser not connecting?

- toggle airplane mode off/on

- remove sim for 5 minutes, then install and reboot

- go to settings, then general-profile and delete any profiles; details for iPhones here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/FYI-iOS-and-APNs/m-p/323130/highlight...

- check network is not set to 2G; use auto, 3G, or LTE

- check for operating system updates

- remove any VPNs

- reset all network settings; you will need to add back wifi passwords after that

- try sim in another phone and a good sim in your phone

- phone make/model for more specific ideas

- LAST desperate measure when all else fails; erase all data and restore phone to factory settings

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.